Brewmeister Extract Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thadius856

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've only used Northern Brewer kits so far but would love to start buying locally to save on shipping and support my LHBS (Brewmeister Roseville). Looking to see if anybody has used these kits, and if so, what they think of them.

Good? Okay? Waste of money?

They are awesome. Ive bought 5 kits from them and despite being a complete newbie, Ive had great beer every time. The staff is very helpful, however the times Ive been there its only one or two of them. I recommend using the website which has in-store pickup for the roseville location, so i just walk in and pick up my order.

The NB kits look and sound great but with shipping costs added to the kits they can not compete cost wise with several of my local brew shops kits. ($10 - $20 difference) I have had excellent results with the local kits. I do have my eye on two NB kits to try if I ever snag one of the email survey coupons NB keeps tempting me with.

They are awesome. Ive bought 5 kits from them and despite being a complete newbie, Ive had great beer every time. The staff is very helpful, however the times Ive been there its only one or two of them. I recommend using the website which has in-store pickup for the roseville location, so i just walk in and pick up my order.

Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to know about.

I did speak with somebody there on the phone today, and they said that they're don't pre-assemble their kits, so call ahead if I want them ready for pickup immediately.

Think I'll drop by on my way to River City Fire Equipment to get the tanks filled tomorrow morning. If I get some kits, I'll order them, then swing by on the way back to pick them up.

Wanted to try to re-create the Midwest kit Peanut Butter Chocolate BEAVR Nuts kit (recipe was released publicly by the creator), but Brewmeister does not seem to stock Cocoa Nibs or PB2. They can probably order it for me, but I didn't remember to ask.

I live i Sacramento but have never visited this place. I literally live a block away from Brew Ferment Distill, so I've never had a need to check out any other shops.

I want to go check out BFD, but they have almost nothing on their website and it's an hour drive, so I've been hesitant.

Do you happen to remember if their kit prices are good, or know the price of any kit in particular?

thadius856 said:
I want to go check out BFD, but they have almost nothing on their website and it's an hour drive, so I've been hesitant.

Do you happen to remember if their kit prices are good, or know the price of any kit in particular?

Sorry man I've always gone in with a recipe in mind so I've never asked. I'll ask him next time I'm in because he makes some killer brews, that he sometimes has on tap there, so getting a kit made by him would be probably be delicious. Yesterday he had an amazing chipotle porter on tap. He's an awesome guy and gives you his personal cell number once you've shopped there. I'd text him right now but it's 12:30 haha.

Back