The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slight pause for Valentine's Day and a full moon?
And I second Day, how ARE you doing? You all recovered from crawling around on the ground with the grandspawn, chasing them with stuffed toy lobsters, or whatever they do over der in the Eastern boonies?

Didn't croak.
Went to my colleague, a pulmonologist whom I've kown for years, he described my situation as "Well you didn't die but I wouldn't want to come that close."

And that's why we're not just colleagues but friends
Please stay with us. Stay away from the light.

Damn Paul, I’m glad you got yourself looked at. A friend lost his 61 y/o wife early this year to pneumonia and probably a couple bad medical decisions. Lingering cough was the only symptom until it got painful then she went down hill quickly at the hospital. 😢 she was physically fit, ate healthfully, no smoking and very occasional drinking. Crazy.

Damn Paul, I’m glad you got yourself looked at. A friend lost his 61 y/o wife early this year to pneumonia and probably a couple bad medical decisions. Lingering cough was the only symptom until it got painful then she went down hill quickly at the hospital. 😢 she was physically fit, ate healthfully, no smoking and very occasional drinking. Crazy.
I'm fine. I'm too much of a curmudgeon to do the graceful thing and check out early. (Much to the lovely Mrs TheNurse's disappointment.). My breathing has improved to the point that I'm looking forward to pulling out my bicycle from the shed soon. I've been able to get back out into the Chateau Fe+ a bit lately. Made these last weekend...

Attachments

• IMG_3107.jpeg
    IMG_3107.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
1:56am in Wilbraham was like being 6 feet behind a fleet of C5As at Westover throttled up for takeoff. 3/4 of the town was out of power at one point.

I had to get up to check on the important things.

Like my fermentation chamber.

Might ward off the fing Hausfrau texting as she drives down Bay Road and didn't see the 250 pound nurse dressed in skin tight neon Lycra on the Connondale that she just biffed into the woods.

Good idea'
Switch Hausfrau to just about any pickup truck, nurse to retired IT Physicist, lose the lycra (I'll to the colorful loose fitting Spotted Cow bike jersey), and change the Cannondale to a Trek, and there I am.

Still biffed into the woods.

And now to pivot to all things entomological. I just thwapped 3 of these in the warming sunny window and suspect the latest batch of fireplace wood…
IMG_4543.jpeg

(No, no, I’m not about to eat them, the fork was simply handy)

Can I thwack other creatures that show up around here earlier in the year than they are supposed to? I would love to do that,, hehe,, oh yes I would.

Anyway 'rog, entomocidal is not entomological. By the way, your fork is dirty, not all of us are here on tiny screens, and have a good weekend, I know you did not intend to be evil.

And now to pivot to all things entomological. I just thwapped 3 of these in the warming sunny window and suspect the latest batch of fireplace wood…
View attachment 843013

(No, no, I’m not about to eat them, the fork was simply handy)
Something died or shat in the wood pile I suppose.
1709347496320.png

The outflow pipe from our pond is running at a good clip and there are some deep puddles around.
We must have had a crapton of rain overnight...

Everyone out there still above water with all the rain?

<lookin at you @Hoppy2bmerry >
Thanks for thinking about me. I’m in the land of Elvis right now, and when hubby and I travel, we leave our vehicles in the driveway which should save them from the rain. I checked the accumulation on line last night seemed like a quarter to third inch was all. This morning 3.5 is the report. 🤞I don’t go home to a 💩 show. I do know the house itself will be fine. On the plus side I haven’t seen Facebook blowing up with disaster pics and there were no costal flood warnings.

Lol! But, for accuracy, it needs to portray a much much younger me, as I got my first electric shock at the age of 6 🤯

Nowadays I serve to keep surgeon skills sharp. I'm literally in Recovery at MGH right now after revision surgery to the knee they cut last May. Fun!

Cheers!

Today I did yard work. There are some folks who revel in that. They take great pride in the results of their efforts, and get rejuvenated souls from tending the soil and fluffing the mulch. They achieve zen like heightened consciousness, and a feeling of oneness with Nature.

My herniated discs, arthritic knees and I are not those folks. I do not like to pick up sticks. It is not how I get my kicks. My back post pickup requires a fix. No, I do not like to pick up sticks.

Today’s Seuss-ish zen moment is brought to you by @Miraculix classic English ale.
IMG_4565.jpeg

It’s what’s for lunch.

Yeah, I am with you. Lumbar fusion does impact bending to pick stuff up, gots to use my old knees even more. And with one of them bound for surgery with recovery likely through the end of April I had to get to my annual brush burn last week, so lots of branch picking and raking and lifting piles to get to the burning. Got 'er done though! :rock:

Cheers!

Back