Providence brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butler1244

Reaction score
Last Saturday I went to this place in downtown Providence called Trinity Brewpub. Had really good beer, especially the stout, and I liked how behind the bar there was a clear glass. Behind it were there brew tanks so you can see what's going on. Pretty cool

Only a half hour? Id say it was worth a shot. Theres alot of other good bars and pubs around. I personally like mcfaddens alot

Only a half hour? Id say it was worth a shot. Theres alot of other good bars and pubs around. I personally like mcfaddens alot

I was never a fan of McFaddens. Just a typical college bar. Plus how can you like a place that sells Bud Light for $5.50? lol Oh and they are closed now...probably the $5.50 Bud Lights lol

With that said, Providence does have some good bars/pubs. Trinity is very good. Congress is newer, very good food and a good beer selection. Congress and Fat Bellys are two of my favorites. If you don't come to Providence often I would highly recommend either Congress or Fat Bellys. Neither are brew pubs but they have a good selection of beers (Congress has a bigger selection).

h22lude said:
I was never a fan of McFaddens. Just a typical college bar. Plus how can you like a place that sells Bud Light for $5.50? lol Oh and they are closed now...probably the $5.50 Bud light

Thats ok I'm in college. Didn't know they closed. I guess thats shows how far past post rd I get. Maybe it was the 5.50 bl. I would laugh at the ppl drinking bl outta plastic while i sippd on my guinness in glassware

We are heading to Rhode Island this weekend - will be in Newport - got any suggestions for it? Will try and check out Trinity if we can though! :)

We are heading to Rhode Island this weekend - will be in Newport - got any suggestions for it? Will try and check out Trinity if we can though! :)

Newport has a lot of nice places but I try not to go there often because the locals are kind of stuck up. They hate people coming to their "island".

There is a strip of all shops, bars and restaurants called America's Cup (Thames St). There are a ton of cool bars. Smokehouse is a cool BBQ place. 22 Bowens is a very good restaurant. Red Parrot is a cool little burger bar/restaurant. Sardella's is a nice restaurant that isn't right on that main street which is nice if you want to get away from the crowd. Down near 22 Bowen's (right on the water) are a handful of great places.

In terms of just bars, there really isn't anything too exciting. Just your normal main street bars. No brew pubs or anything.

Trinity in Providence is different a great place. That is about 30 minutes from Newport. If you want a good beer place go to the Malted Barley in Wakefield. That is about 30 minutes as well.

Back