CO2 Refills in Mississippi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisPaulk77

Reaction score
Hello all. I searched through this forum and couldn't answer my own question. Anyone on here have any recommendations for getting a CO2 bottle filled in South Mississippi? I'm in Hattiesburg, so the closer the better, but I can drive if I have to.
I bought a keg set up earlier this year and had a bad leak and I'm empty on my CO2. I work offshore out of the country, so that's why I haven't gotten it filled before now. I found some numbers of some welding shops in the area and plan on calling them on Monday, but if anyone on here can offer up some good advice, it'd be mega appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm in north MS, so it might be different down there. AirGas up here will not refill my CO2 tanks and neither will the one in Tuscaloosa. I did manage to find a store that deals with fire extinguisher refills and restaurant "automatic systems", so you might be able to find something similar down there. Could also hunt for a welding supply store. AirGas might fill them down there.

There is an Airgas on Hwy 49 a few miles south of the cloverleaf mall. Traveling south out of Hattiesburg it should be on your left.

Just bring them your old bottle and exchange it for a new one... depending on the size of your bottle it shouldn't be much. I have a 10# bottle and it usually costs me between $13 and $16 depending on where I go.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's good to know your options. I actually own my own tank, so swapping wasn't an option. I should have mentioned that.
One of my buddies got in touch with me and Nordan Smith in Hattiesburg can refill tanks. He get's his tank filled there but wasn't sure about the price. I'll check them out in a few weeks when I get home.
Thanks again for the replies.

Back