Looking for Sun King

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Indy and hit up Sun King fairly frequently. What beers are you looking for? I know they sell four packs of 16 oz cans of Cream Ale, not sure off hand what else.

I also live in Indiana, about 45 min south of Indy in Bloomington, I can get my hands on any Sun King variety, let me know what you want to trade for.

I'm in madison, IN. is sun king an indiana brew? I have never heard of it.

I actually stopped by Fountain Square brewing last night, unfortunately they were closed, so we went over to the Red Lion Grog House for trivia. They had the Fountain Square IPA on tap and it was pretty delicious.

Tuxedo park brewing supplies is also right across the street which is pretty awesome :)

TheGreatFermenter said:
Another good one is fountain square brewing co. Anybody else tried it?

Never heard of it. I used to live right outside of Fountain Square in Indy about 10 years ago. I miss that old area of town. Tell me about their brews.

I'm in madison, IN. is sun king an indiana brew? I have never heard of it.

I grew up in Mad-town, are you from there too? nice to see some homebrewers from there :mug: Sun King is a great brewery in Indy, you should make it up sometime.

Another great brewery in town is Flat 12. They don't have the name recognition as Sun King, but all of the beers that I've had from them are stellar

zacjack said:
I actually stopped by Fountain Square brewing last night, unfortunately they were closed, so we went over to the Red Lion Grog House for trivia. They had the Fountain Square IPA on tap and it was pretty delicious.

Tuxedo park brewing supplies is also right across the street which is pretty awesome :)

I grew up right up the street from there. Whenever I found out about tuxedo it took me forever to find it. I ended up walking into fountain square brewing when they were building it. He helped me find it haha. I guess they hired one of the guys from tuxedo for recipe development. The guys there are very cool. I like them better than great fermentations.

I was at all 3 saturday. FSB was my favorite...really great stuff. I also really liked Bier Brewery which is also in Indy. I highly reccomend you try it next time you go there or need something to do if you live there. I have access to Sun King and Great Crescent which is a brewery out of Aurora, IN if anyone is interested in trying it I'd be glad to swap with something close to you.

danorocks17 said:
I grew up in Mad-town, are you from there too? nice to see some homebrewers from there :mug: Sun King is a great brewery in Indy, you should make it up sometime.

yes, I'm from madison/jefferson county. have lived here all my life.

Another great brewery in town is Flat 12. They don't have the name recognition as Sun King, but all of the beers that I've had from them are stellar

Flat 12 is by far my favorite in Indy. Their Pogues Run Porter is good, their IPAs are great, and pretty much everything I've had there is top notch.

Sun King is nice, but is one of my least favorites when it comes to their beer.

Bier Brewery is great as well. They've always got several very good beers on tap, and they tap a few new kegs every Saturday. Some of the stuff is near impossible to get unless you're there waiting when they tap. I tried to get a sample of their Chocolate Mint Stout two hours after they tapped it and they said it was gone in 30 minutes.

Also, I really like Harvey, the sour beer they've always got on tap at Brugge in Broad Ripple. I could take or leave their other beers, but Harvey is great.

Back