New 1.5" Tri Clover dip tubes from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hay guys just wanted to put up our own thread about our 1.5" Tri Clover dip tubes. I started building these for customers wanting a "Custom Solution" for the Bru Gear kettle systems and other systems as well.
I have gone ahead and added them to the website for easier ordering. I can still customize these for you guys if you want, simply ask.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri_Clover_Dip_Tube_1.5_Inch.html

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20150428_204135803.jpg

IMG_20150428_164313303.jpg

Cool beans... going to have to remember to order 2 of them on the Big Brew Day sale... come on memory don't fail me lol.

Score. Can you give me an idea of how the measurements on it are measured? I have a 10 gallon Bru Gear kettle and I want one for a dip tube and one for a whirlpool. I would like the tube to be as close to the kettle wall as possible. I just measured and from the outside of the tri clamp ferrule to the kettle wall is just over 1.25 inches. For the dip tube I measured about 1.5 inches from the bottom of the kettle to the center of the 'hole'. I would like this one close to the kettle wall as well but not really straight down. I would still like it angled so it aids in my whirlpool.

Score. Can you give me an idea of how the measurements on it are measured? I have a 10 gallon Bru Gear kettle and I want one for a dip tube and one for a whirlpool. I would like the tube to be as close to the kettle wall as possible. I just measured and from the outside of the tri clamp ferrule to the kettle wall is just over 1.25 inches. For the dip tube I measured about 1.5 inches from the bottom of the kettle to the center of the 'hole'. I would like this one close to the kettle wall as well but not really straight down. I would still like it angled so it aids in my whirlpool.

You bet
measurements are:
5" overall length
3.6" from top of tube to bottom of bend
1.6250" from TC face to TC face
the design and measurements were so you can spin this to wherever you want it to land at the bottom of the kettle. It will sit at an angle unless you want me to cut the end off and make a custom one for you. I can change the measurements to whatever you like. We are building them in house so the only limitation is your imagination....

Cheers
Jay

You bet
measurements are:
5" overall length
3.6" from top of tube to bottom of bend
1.6250" from TC face to TC face
the design and measurements were so you can spin this to wherever you want it to land at the bottom of the kettle. It will sit at an angle unless you want me to cut the end off and make a custom one for you. I can change the measurements to whatever you like. We are building them in house so the only limitation is your imagination....

Cheers
Jay
I guess the measurement I'm really interested in is how long is it from the tri-clamp ferrule to the bend. I just don't want it jetting way into the kettle.

I guess the measurement I'm really interested in is how long is it from the tri-clamp ferrule to the bend. I just don't want it jetting way into the kettle.

there is 3.375" from the face to the back of the 90* Then deduct the gasket and the ferrule you will be about 1.5" in the kettle. Now if you lay that over because the ferrule is installed really low in the kettle you should be right at the kettle wall at the bottom of the kettle. I can shorten these up for you AND not do a 90* bend. I just need to know the bends and lengths.

See what happens is the higher the ferrule is in the kettle in the case of the Bru Gear kettles the less of an angle of the tubing and the farther the "END" of the tube is going to lay away form the kettle wall. The lower the ferrule the more of an angle the tubes is going to be and thus the closer to the kettle wall it is also going to be.

Maybe a video for the Nor Cal Brewing Solutions YouTube channel is in order......:D

Cheers
Jay

Jay, as is, is this a good setup for the Bru Gear 10 gallon Kettle? I'm trying to follow the bend,angle,ferrule comment and I'm lost. Does one want the dip tube vertical and as close to the bottom as possible, or do we want it at an angle? Looks great, can't wait to upgrade the kettle!-Kevin

Jay, as is, is this a good setup for the Bru Gear 10 gallon Kettle? I'm trying to follow the bend,angle,ferrule comment and I'm lost. Does one want the dip tube vertical and as close to the bottom as possible, or do we want it at an angle? Looks great, can't wait to upgrade the kettle!-Kevin

Kevin
The dip tube will sit at a little angle putting the tube edge resting on the bottom of the kettle. What you get by doing that is full unrestricted flow through the dip tube. It will work for all systems because you rotate the tube into place lock it in and you are golden. Now that said we can cut this for you to whatever size you want. If you want to see the tube vertical we can do that. Or you can do that at home and make it rest exactly where you want it.

Cheers
Jay

Just placed my order for both. Oddly had to do it in 2 separate orders to get the cheapest shipping option (it disappeared when I had both in my cart at once - Maybe too big for the package - I don't know). Thanks for making these I look forward to using them.

Just placed my order for both. Oddly had to do it in 2 separate orders to get the cheapest shipping option (it disappeared when I had both in my cart at once - Maybe too big for the package - I don't know). Thanks for making these I look forward to using them.

HA HA HA..I was about to send you an Email and ask if you wanted both of them....

Cheers
Jay

HA HA HA..I was about to send you an Email and ask if you wanted both of them....

Cheers
Jay

Yeah $3 shipping with that cheap option, but when I had both in my cart it was $9 shipping... so figured I would waste some more paper and place 2 separate orders and save $3... I don't care how they are actually shipped ;D

Yeah $3 shipping with that cheap option, but when I had both in my cart it was $9 shipping... so figured I would waste some more paper and place 2 separate orders and save $3... I don't care how they are actually shipped ;D

The will be in the same box for sure..

Thanks for the order.
I'll get em shipped on Monday.

Cheers
Jay

Well. 3 of these will be on their way soon. A long with a bunch of other crap I thought I would need. Whoops! Good for both Jay and I. :D

I'm excited to try my new portable stogie stand. That looks bad ass. Oh, and I was getting low on Hops. I only have 2# of simcoe left! Phew, you have a good price on simcoe. So I remedied that as well.

Cheers!

Well. 3 of these will be on their way soon. A long with a bunch of other crap I thought I would need. Whoops! Good for both Jay and I. :D

I'm excited to try my new portable stogie stand. That looks bad ass. Oh, and I was getting low on Hops. I only have 2# of simcoe left! Phew, you have a good price on simcoe. So I remedied that as well.

Cheers!

heck yeah man! We will get this put together for you today. I know I have to build the tubes as we sold all that I already built, but I should be able to get them done this morning for ya'

Cheers
Jay

Going to order two for the new electronic kettle I'm building, but I'm on vacation and don't want you to ship until next week. I'll put a note on the order. The one for the whirlpool I'm thinking about 2" x 2". What do you think? I want to keep it close to the kettle wall for better whirlpool

Jay, thanks! Also, if it makes sense to modify one for the whirlpool that would be great! I like the idea above. If it takes a day delay I'm not worried. Also, can I add a vial of 565 and an ice pack to my order?

Going to order two for the new electronic kettle I'm building, but I'm on vacation and don't want you to ship until next week. I'll put a note on the order. The one for the whirlpool I'm thinking about 2" x 2". What do you think? I want to keep it close to the kettle wall for better whirlpool

Not a problem! Notes on the order are a great way to communicate with me. make sure you guys are adding a phone number just in case I have a question I can call or text you. It just makes it Fast and Efficient

Hay you going to NCHF this year Rappell?

Cheers
Jay

We'll have some good stuff to share again. We have a quad that's aging in a fresh wine barrel that's fantastic. We'll be sharing a keg of that at NCHF

Hey Jay. Any idea when you'll have the 1 1/2" butterfly values back in stock?

No. Our vendor is out and we are scrambling to get some. I'll let you know when they land on my dock..

Good to hear you will be there. We should be there as well. I REALLY like the theme!

Cheers
Jay

Pretty cool. We are doing our test batch of American Pils on our next brew day in June. I hope it comes out good. Never done lager fermintation before.

Jay. I need two. By the way. I tried to place my order for the two tri clover dip tubes but I'm out in the middle of nowhere in New Mexico at my sons house with only cell signal and the PayPal wouldn't go through. Guess I'll have to wait till Friday when we get to a hotel that has wifi.

Hey guys we had a HUGE call for these and have been pumping them out like CRAZY! Thanks for all the orders!

Just wanted to give you all the heads up we are now making these in the 2" AND if you need a reduction system 2" to 1.5" OR 1.5" to 2" we are doing all of those with the dip tube attached as well. Check em out.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-Dip-Tube-2-Inch-x-1.5-Inch-x-.5-Inch.html

Also doing FULL custom sizes for those of you needing to do a special sizes!

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to help. :)

Cheers
Jay

Any chance of getting one with 1" ID dip tube? My 1bbl system I'm using the March Nano pump and I need to keep everything 1" on the outlet from the kettle to the inlet on pump.

Any chance of getting one with 1" ID dip tube? My 1bbl system I'm using the March Nano pump and I need to keep everything 1" on the outlet from the kettle to the inlet on pump.

it may be in the cards. Working on another project for a brewery using 1". I'll keep you posted as to the progress

Cheers
Jay

Back