GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish that AP had the continue where I left off in a series like Netflix has. I hate remembering which episode I am on. Maybe it does and I have not figured out how to yet, but some way of seeing how far into something you have watched would be nice (maybe it is just the UI on my Roku). I borrow a friends Netflix and I have AP. Unfortunately I still have cable, but would give it up in a minute.

I wish that AP had the continue where I left off in a series like Netflix has. I hate remembering which episode I am on. Maybe it does and I have not figured out how to yet, but some way of seeing how far into something you have watched would be nice (maybe it is just the UI on my Roku). I borrow a friends Netflix and I have AP. Unfortunately I still have cable, but would give it up in a minute.
It works for me; always shows the next show to watch. I don't remember doing anything special. It also remembers if I leave in the middle of an episode.

Lets be real, people that have Amazon prime don't have it for the prime videos. that's just a bonus. The amount i pay a year + the 4 family members ive added to my account have made it well worth it with all the 2 day free shipping.

This. I didn't even know I got instant streaming with my Prime account when I signed up. I save more on shipping in a year than I pay for the service. Movies/shows that are not also on Netflix is pure gravy.

Anyone watch "Chef"? Entertaining, but almost every scene made me hungry. Holy crap Jon Favreau got fat!

My kid is watching Friends from season 1.

I forgot how hot Jennifer Aniston was back then! Well not really, since she hardly seems to have aged AT ALL!

If you watch the pilot episode, then the 2nd episode, she looks like shes all of 16 in the pilot episode. I never watched friends when I was growing up because at 8 when it started I just never "got" Friends. Now watching it at 29 (30 in 3 months) I get why it was so popular. It's interesting to watch it now after watching lots of other more recent television series and how Friends influenced it (Seinfeld is another series I never "got" so thats next on my list of shows to watch and I'll have similar feelings I'll bet). Edit:also I'm spoiled by streaming services, I *cannot* stand waiting each week for a new 23 minute episode of something, and cliff hangers make me even more angry when its a short show like that

The new Robocop just got added so I gotta go and see how bad it is.

If you watch the pilot episode, then the 2nd episode, she looks like shes all of 16 in the pilot episode. I never watched friends when I was growing up because at 8 when it started I just never "got" Friends. Now watching it at 29 (30 in 3 months) I get why it was so popular. It's interesting to watch it now after watching lots of other more recent television series and how Friends influenced it (Seinfeld is another series I never "got" so thats next on my list of shows to watch and I'll have similar feelings I'll bet). Edit:also I'm spoiled by streaming services, I *cannot* stand waiting each week for a new 23 minute episode of something, and cliff hangers make me even more angry when its a short show like that

The new Robocop just got added so I gotta go and see how bad it is.

16 year old Jennifer Aniston??

Don't tempt me, Frodo!

If you watch the pilot episode, then the 2nd episode, she looks like shes all of 16 in the pilot episode.
I assume you mean 16 in television series terms cause that's at least mid-20s in reality at the minimum and she very much looked it. Personally I always found her rather annoying myself although I've softened to her somewhat over the years and have found some of her later items more entertaining. The wife has a major softspot for Friends though so it is what it is I guess.

Anyone seen the new Dead Rising on Crackle released yesterday (casts Virginia Madsen & that guy from the Allstate commercials iirc)? Can't get stupid wifi to the XBOX to work to stream.

PS, spotted "The Tick" there too with Warburton. I seem to remember someone being somewhat distressed about it being removed from Netflix. :)

My elderly MIL recently stated that she would love to watch The Thorn Birds one more time. The way she phrased it, it kinda sound like a bucket list thing. Five minutes later she went apoplectic as she saw it starting up on Amazon. It just goes to show that you CAN buy moments like that! :)

On another note, I was hugely disappointed with the third season of House of cards. I was expecting it to finish up as a trilogy like the original, but no. They went for the traditional American option of spinning things out in favour a longer run until everyone loses interest. I supppose I will watch the next season as I have time invested in it, but really? They ruined it for me.

This show has been keeping me busy lately:

arts-trailerboys-584.jpg

yeah, he's sick of Ragnar's sh*t

Maybe. Ragnar seems to be inquisitive and espousing ideas beyond raiding and pillaging. I think that feels foreign to such a "holy" kind of person.

I don't know what's going to happen in the show, but since Ragnar was an actual historical figure I took a look at his Wiki page and it seems he was put to death by that one king of Northumbria.

So we got THAT to look forward to, probably.

This show has been keeping me busy lately:

arts-trailerboys-584.jpg

I checked it out on Netflix and it doesn't have quite the same appeal. Even my wife noticed and she doesn't really watch it. When I get caught up on my other stuff I'll probably get back to watching it. I noticed after a few days of watching I start to feel depressed. Not sure if it's in response to the humour, or if I am just feeling sorry for those poor fools.

I checked it out on Netflix and it doesn't have quite the same appeal. Even my wife noticed and she doesn't really watch it. When I get caught up on my other stuff I'll probably get back to watching it. I noticed after a few days of watching I start to feel depressed. Not sure if it's in response to the humour, or if I am just feeling sorry for those poor fools.

The older stuff is definitely better but i liked the 2 new seasons.

The older stuff is definitely better but i liked the 2 new seasons.

Yeah, since Mike Clattenburg's departure, it just hasn't been the same.

However, I've never been depressed watching these... if anything, it makes me want to buy a trailer and go live in the park.

Since the beginning of March I have been Binge watching Mad Man.
I think it is excellent.
It is a time and place & clothes I am fascinated to visit, just glad I dont live there.
Have to say it may be one of the top 10 if not top 5 series I have ever watched.
Hoping to finish soon since I have DVR'd the last season.
then I will move on to DareDevil!

Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy, Fringe, American Horror Story, SuperNatural, Sherlock, Marco Polo, Tudors, Hemlock Grove, The Killing, Haven, Game of Thrones, Black Sails

Bloodline is fantastic. Just finished the season.

We started watching it recently. My wife was skeptical, but was hooked after the first episode.

Anyone watched Daredevil yet? A friend recommended it, and I'm going to watch it regardless, but just wondering if anyone has opinions.

I've been pretty impressed with Netflix's original programming lately. We're dropping our Amazon Prime subscription because we couldn't justify the price for the amount (or lack) of use we were getting out of it. Even with the free two day shipping. I ordered a few things on Tuesday with the free regular (5-8 day) shipping, and they're already out for delivery today.

If anyone likes westerns there are a bunch of older ones and a recent series called hell on wheels. Fantastic acting and props

Wait, GoT was added to Netflix? When? Usually they send me an email for shows I might be interested in watching (not that I havent already watched all of it as it was airing on HBO but, still).

No a couple of those still aren't on Netflix but they were worthy enough to note since you can get them other places like Hulu, On Demand, etc. The majority of those shows however are on Netflix.

Latest posts

Back