The 7 IPA night

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Edge

Reaction score
Just got done having 7 IPAs last night at regional food and drink in DC. I don't even think I drank half of the IPAs on the menu - I also didn't drink any IPAs I have already drank before, meaning no DFH or Stone's. RFD in DC has about 30 beers on draft and 300 bottles... so it's obviously one of my 2 favorite places to drink (the other is owned by the same guy and has MORE beer variety!)

In at work at 9 AM bright eyed and bushy tailed. :ban:

I would say the best I tried was the Bid Daddy IPA from Speakeasy or the Hop Ottin' from Anderson Valley. The worst, by far, was the Stoudt's IIPA. It really tasted like the fermentation had gotten stuck! it had a too sweet malty flavor that had almost chocolate tones. I have never tasted a beer that (I thought) had been bottled despite a stuck fermentation. It was wretched.

With 7 different ones only being half of what is on the menu, that's a nice selection right there! Never been to the RFD but the Brickskeller selection is a thing of beauty.

Brickskeller was the other bar I was referring to. They are owned by the same dude who has a glorious respect for a lot of varieties of beer.

And those places are always PACKED with people -- it was full on a Tuesday with large tables of people. I'm always surprised that other owners don't realize having a huge selection of beer draws a crowd all by itself.

just popped two motrin... just because I'm at work, doesn't mean I don't have the headache to prove those IPAs.

Back