What does your HBT name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm boring as ****. My online name, pretty much everywhere, is mvcorliss. My name is Michael Voldahl-CORLISS. Get it?

See. Boring 😏

BadDeacon said:
I am a deacon in my church. Which means I have to be "above board" on many things. I have been wanting to start brewing for several years but held off because it was still illegal here in MS.

My mom bought me a kit for my birthday and I couldn't hurt her feelings. So I started brewing.

So I am a "bad deacon" for breaking the law on a regular basis.

It's ok, I'm a missionary kid and I brew. Just following in the footsteps of Jesus. I'm betting his wine turned out better than mine did though. I stick to beer now.

Two jobs, as you may have guessed. I own my own business and, well getting insured in WA when you are self-employed is kinda expensive. So I took a part time evening job, just enough hours to get me and the family insured.

My brewing time is therefore very important "down time" for me, and my wife understands and appreciates that. Plus she loves my stouts and porters.

"Nola" stands for New Orleans Louisiana, which is where I am from. Brew is for ....(wait for it...) Brewing beer! And 85 is the year I was born.

Subtract 29 from that number for me. It is interesting to have seen the dawn of the space age,the beginings of the muscle car,remember when Senator Glenn was a young astronaut,watched Apollo 11,saw the first pics from Voyager,watched the pics come in from Ranger as it crashed into the lunar surface. And when regular beers actually tasted good.:mug:

On one of my first dates with my girlfriend, she misspelled my first name (Nathan) on her phone. It immediately became my nickname.

We had a party line in PA. You had to listen for your ring combo,& when you picked up,nosey neighbors clicked in on the conversation.

Drizzt Do'Urden is the greatest character of all time. He is a dark elf that could take on Voldimor. The legion if doom, skellator, cobra commander, megatron, and the white walkers, at the same time.

I'm a Virginia Tech grad....and we are called the Hokies. I also make beer in my home...so I consider myself a home brewer. Hokie+home brewer = Hokiehomebrewer.

Not very creative.

That's an hour of my life I won't get back;), but it sure was nice to meet everyone and hear their story.

You can ride a bicycle for hours with people you don't know,(organized group and charity rides) once you take off helmet and sunglasses at the finish everyone looks different. Having 5 large calf tattoos makes you stand out. So people would say "You know that guy with Ink on his legs" hence Inkleg.

Yes that is one of our cats in my avatar (RIP Tobias, aka Kitty-T).
We still have Bela and call ourselves Naked Cat Brewery.

That's an hour of my life I won't get back;), but it sure was nice to meet everyone and hear their story.

You can ride a bicycle for hours with people you don't know,(organized group and charity rides) once you take off helmet and sunglasses at the finish everyone looks different. Having 5 large calf tattoos makes you stand out. So people would say "You know that guy with Ink on his legs" hence Inkleg.

Yes that is one of our cats in my avatar (RIP Tobias, aka Kitty-T).
We still have Bela and call ourselves Naked Cat Brewery.

Calf tattoos? You mean 5 of these?

168243_190106967668351_188416291170752_686313_1228997_n-1.jpg

Sorry couldn't help myself.

My wife and I were talking about having kids and she told me she like the name Victory for a girl. I had to quickly point out that all of the boys in the schoolyard would want to leave their mark on the Victory Pole.

If the name goes back, back to biblical times, there is always the chance that you have an ancestor named Ham Pole.

My nickname is mostly geographical. I live in south central Canada, near the hundredth meridian where the great plains begin (or end). I have lived here for most of my adult life, hence it is my HQ (headquarters).

Mine is my Alma mater and my car. I never thought I'd be so active on these boards so I didn't give it much thought.

My car in college was a 240sx.......great little car. Plus it was red and a convertible so my friends and I would cruise around campus with the top down.

blind-faith.jpg

I get my name from these guys and the fact that "Blind Faith" is both an exciting and frightening premise. I would have posted the actual album cover, but I don't think a picture of a young (possibly too young) topless girl holding a model airplane would fly in this forum.

Back