8oz bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluemoose

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody know of a source for 8 oz bottles or even 200 ml that will take a cork? The only ones I have seen have screw type tops.

Oh, I should probably also say that I would like to find some dark bottles as these will be for long term storage of a high gravity beer.

What about the 187mL green champagne bottles? Those will take a cork. Not quite 8 oz, but pretty close.

Sorry but unless you have a hookup in the UK, a bottle of that size isn't to be found in brown in the US. I have a handful of 275ml bottles from UK breweries. That is 9.3oz which is a great size but not really used in the US, and not sold by anyone that sells less than an entire pallet. We get to choose from 187ml clear/green champagne, 12oz longnecks, 375ml champagne (hard to buy cases of empty and new), there may be a few 500ml bottles, then there are a bunch of 750ml. Its just the way the cookie crumbles dude. I almost bought a bunch of bottles from the olive oil source store with the intention of corking a low carbed imperial stout. I opted for 12oz long necks due to availability and cost (free vs $14/box plus shipping). Don't let me get you down but I have looked far and wide for small bottles.

I know this is an older thread, but Pacifico come in 7 oz minis. I am looking to do the same thing. They sell them at Target but the cost is a bit much. I am trying to find a restaurant that sells them in the buckets and get them for cheaper. Anyway, last option though is the Pacifico minis. Some homebrew shop should really try to source these. There are a lot of people looking for something this size.

Back