Curry.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys get the Westernised version if curries over there?
The Korma's and Tikkas etc?

I make my own including grinding and roasting my own spices where I can.
I've recently started getting foil sealed curries that are made in India and imported in to the uk. It's great because the are fresh and can be microwaved in a couple of minutes. They are idea to keep in at work along with foil seal precooked rice. I buy them from the local Asian shop for around $2 each. I've just stock the cupboard at wotk with enough to feed me for a month.
It means I get a curry and rice for less than the price of a sandwich.

I've had curry for lunch and dinner (with a pint of Ale):rockin:

Never seen 'em myself. I do like curries of all types though. My good friend is from Indian background and has opened up that whole world of cuisine to me. I especially like them when the weather turns cold.

My SWMBO is half malaysian. There is a place in a small town just outside the city with the best authentic malay food I've ever had. You just have to ask for the "real" curry, or you get the whitewashed boring stuff.

Man I love curry :rockin:

I think real curry out here is just labeled "hot". There's a specialty store chain called Trader Joe's that carries an excellent line of Indian foods in pouches. Originally, they just imported tandard products, but many people (like me) thought them too salty. So, now TJ's has them made with less salt, but just as spicy. There's a green curry tuna that makes a great sandwich right from the bag.

Thai curry is THE ONLY curry, IMHO of course. It is a fact though. Let's see if this curry thread can get as heated as a political discussion. Defend your curry position! ;) :D

67coupe390 said:
Is curry suppose to be good for you?

*shrug*

But I did hear that Thai peeps have the lowest incidence of colon cancer in the world (or something like that), possibly due to everything moving along, if you catch my drift.

zoebisch01 said:
*shrug*

But I did hear that Thai peeps have the lowest incidence of colon cancer in the world (or something like that), possibly due to everything moving along, if you catch my drift.
LOL!!! Anything that keeps me away from "praticing" doctors!!!

British curries aren't good for you. They are full of cream and meat, you need to drink 10 pints of crap beer and abuse the waiter.

Well that's what most of the the drunk pricks seem to do on a Saturday night.

I prefer authentic Indian curries.
I do like a good Korma though.

orfy said:
British curries aren't good for you. They are full of cream and meat, you need to drink 10 pints of crap beer and abuse the waiter.

Well that's what most of the the drunk pricks seem to do on a Saturday night.

I prefer authentic Indian curries.
I do like a good Korma though.
Thats funny!!! I think I'll try Indian curry first!! Looks like I'll need some experience before British curry.:)

Yeah- I noticed the curry pastes I've gotten over here have been quite oily, but nonetheless delicious. Orfy! Would you mind explaining the differences between curries for all of us yanks?:D

Back