Hi guys, need help with my cloudy beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeonbigbar

Reaction score
I brewed a lager using wyeast 2112. ( California ). I fermented for 11 days at 62'F. I then racked to secondary and let it sit for a week. I then moved it too the fridge set at a temp of 38'F. It's been there for 4 weeks. It's still very cloudy. Not sure whAt to do here. Any help will be appreciated.

If your beer is "cloudy" after it warms up it is probably chill haze and there is not too much you can do short of filtration and keeping cold for longer.

When I have had chill haze I bottle and carbonate then put the bottles back in the fridge for another 4-6 weeks and that usually gets most of the haze out.

Of course you could just drink it with the haze, it is only aesthetic and does not affect the taste of your beer!

My thoughts anyway

At this point since it has been sitting for so long, methinks there isnt much you can do at this point. Hopefully someone has an idea that proves me wrong.

Would a running it through a filter take a haze out of the Beer? Thinking of that before I bottle. Will it take out all the yeast donut won't carb up?

If you have a really nice means of filtering it already set up, yes it would but thats just way too much work imo. How would you plan on filtering it?

Couldn't you try lowering the temperature you're conditioning at and leaving it there until it clears?

I haven't used that yeast, but the website says it's highly flocculant, so you shouldn't have to filter. Did you bottle or keg? If you kegged, it could just be everything that's fell to the bottom. Pull a couple of pints off and you should be OK.

Back