What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My home brew chocolate raspberry stout. All raspberry up front and all chocolate afterward. Love this stuff.
image-2239577148.jpg

Fatheads Hop Stalker. Tasty and delicious, while at the same time managing to be delicious and tasty.

ForumRunner_20131012_181723.jpg

Best beer out of the 40 i tried today at the bethel beer fest was a mix of keegans copper ale and there milk stout... Dude pouring it sold it as a black ipa and it was the pour of the day!

atimmerman88 said:
Saison and bone in ham

I'm exposing my beer ignorance here. I read a lot about saison here but don't believe I really know the style. Are there any commercial examples I can buy to "research"?

KIMG0105_zps6534f84b.jpg

My first time with this brew...

Best beer I have ever put upon my lips. Bless those Belgium Monks.

Along with it I had
Saute' Brussels sprouts in butter and caraway seeds
Grilled lamb chops (lamb I raised)
bread n' butter

(the SS pot is full of crushed grains for tomorrows brew day)

Ridire said:
I'm exposing my beer ignorance here. I read a lot about saison here but don't believe I really know the style. Are there any commercial examples I can buy to "research"?

Tons! See if your local has Saison DuPont, I get it in fl, which means it must be widely distro'd

allenH said:
Tons! See if your local has Saison DuPont, I get it in fl, which means it must be widely distro'd
I guess I've never looked for it. There is a lot of stuff you get in Florida we don't get here.

EDIT: from what in reading, I'm imagining something almost like champagne.

Keep in mind, just like any style of beer, it's entirely up to you to like it. I know at least one guy who thinks saisons taste like puke in a bottle... that guy may or may not be me.

Cathedral said:
Keep in mind, just like any style of beer, it's entirely up to you to like it. I know at least one guy who thinks saisons taste like puke in a bottle... that guy may or may not be me.

Nice. But you gotta try it to know, right? I'm not a big Belgian string fan but I can still appreciate it in moderation (there's a local place that has an excellent tripel, for what it is). Hell, I'm a hop head and have friends who spit out top notch IPA's when I try to introduce it to them.

This beer is super strange. Smells like brats, kraut, and mustard. Drinks better than it smells, not a drainpour, but doubt the bottle gets fojished

image-3429180542.jpg

Cathedral said:

I use to hate Saisons, but I used to think that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was disgustingly bitter too. Tastes change over time.

Beer & vodka after cleaning up this morning after bottling day. Then brewing a pm Traditional stout kit. Went to dry hop my Maori IPA,& found that ice pack kinda mold growing with lacto-like bubbles. Scooped it off as much as I could,then droped in the sanitizer wetted hop sack. Then let it settle a bit & sprayed the surface with Starsan just as an experiment. Resealed it & hop for the best...:( Long day & I'm tired...still gotta get the white oak chips & bourbon going...

Some saisons are pretty funky, Dupont is on the mild end if you ask me and in my opinion delicious.To each his own.
More HB IIPA at the moment.

Chris from beergeeknation gave this a B+, so I thought I'd try it. It's not bad, but I probably wouldn't buy it again.

ForumRunner_20131012_170143.jpg

Nice. But you gotta try it to know, right? I'm not a big Belgian string fan but I can still appreciate it in moderation (there's a local place that has an excellent tripel, for what it is). Hell, I'm a hop head and have friends who spit out top notch IPA's when I try to introduce it to them.

True, and I don't dislike anyone who prefers beer I don't like (except maybe American light adjunct lagers...) I was just implying to not be surprised if he didn't like it. I.e. if you've never had an ipa, don't be surprised if you try Heady and then think it sucks.

I'd never had a saison until people on here were talking up x and x, so I bought it thinking it must be good, and I thought it forking sucked.

I was wondering about the pumpkin wheat myself. What else would you say about it aroma & flavor-wise??:mug:

It has a very mild spice aroma and flavor, mostly clove. And it almost tastes like they used that capella Graham cracker extract. It's not a bad beer, it's just kinda boring.

Billy-Klubb said:
gooooood morning HBT!!! how's my fellow jerk faces this morning? I'm on my first coffee this morning.

I'm guessing you are feeling better today as well?

Channel66 said:
Some of marks saison while I brew one of my own. A freaking window washed up on my shore today. Check it! This is quite a tasty saison very well done! Thanks Mark!

Thanks - I like how that turned out for my first saison. Can't wait for the pomegranate taste!

TNGabe said:
Bad picture, good beer. RR Temptation

Good day at the market today or had you planned the RR day in advance?

After doing yard work all afternoon, went out to eat and had a decent Long Trail imperial Pumpkin.

image-1438381254.jpg

Work is done for the day. Now on my third of what we call purple nexium. One of the guys who hunts up here with us makes it. It's a blend of fruit juices and vodka. I don't know exactly what goes in it and what ratios, but I guess some mysteries are best left unsolved. It definitely gets the job done. ;)

image-2960926509.jpg

Back