Mead newbie question: how to make a bottle conditioned, sweet, sparkling mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about just sweetening before you drink it? Make a dry carbonated mead bottle conditioned and then add some honey in before drinking.

What about just sweetening before you drink it? Make a dry carbonated mead bottle conditioned and then add some honey in before drinking.

This is not a bad solution in my opinion, if maybe a little inelegant. Reminds me of the solution of adding a splash of soda water, but I think this would probably taste better. The only downside is you don't have that honey aging in the bottle alongside the rest of the Mead, which is kind of a bummer and might cover up some of the nuanced effects of adding. But I'm just speculating.

Edit: Not the only downside rather, seeing how it is more work to have to measure and add more honey and mix it in rather than just popping open a bottle and enjoying.

Back