New cider/apple-related stuff at Whole Foods

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSponge

Reaction score
WF has a store in Richmond now. I drop by irregularly, and always have to scan their cider collection. JKScrumpy's there, of course (I can't find it elsewhere). Talked w/ the wine/beer/cider guy and he showed me two things in the wine department:

Pommeau de Normandy, by Camille L Dupont -- he says it's a blend of apple juice and Calvados. It's also right pricey.
Direct link is Domaine Dupont - Pommeau normandy with company link (en englaise) at Domaine Dupont - Calvados - Cider - Pommeau - Calvados Cream
Looks both delicious and quite powerful... probably not something that you'd like to finish in a night (esp at $26+ a pop).

He also had Domaine Pinnacle Ice Apple Wine. Evidently, it's exactly what you're thinking. Domaine Pinnacle - Products
I think this was about $40. Ouch. But you get to keep the nifty bottle. The 375ml bottle. For Beaucoup Bucks, as they say. I thought that the other one was pricey, but now that I think of it, I think that THIS one really hurts.

I didn't write down prices, I'm guessing from memory. I could be wrong. Maybe the prices are backwards. Maybe it was $3.95 each.

If they don't change their site, this is what the bottle should look like...
prod1.jpg

Back