Why AREN'T you brewing this week?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously...I'm not brewing this week because I made a promise to myself that I was taking a hiatus for awhile. I've been brewing an average of 16.5 gallons per month over that past 10 months or so. And it's caught up to me. I have way too much beer. Stacks and stacks. At least 20 cases.

So...yeah, short answer: I need to make a dent in the mountain of beer that I already have. I did bottle 2 batches that I have been meaning to get to this weekend...a barleywine that I brewed in January, and a special bitter that is just badass. I delabeled several cases of empties, and consolidated my backstock stacks. I cleaned up the brewhouse and organized my stuff. It was a productive day! When I do get back to brewing, I think I'll make myself another porter.

Spent the friggin' weekend with my in-laws. Next weekend I'll br brewing though...you'd better believe it! The question is "What shall I brew"?? Another hefe? A hoppy beer? A belgian? Hmmm... I have a couple of decent strains of yeast sitting around and I'd like to use one of those instead of buying a new one.

Any good ideas for 1007 or 1056? I've been thinking about doing something WWII-ish and mixing the two strains and styles. Maybe an APA with wheat and a mix of german and american hops.

Too much beer on hand, about 20 gals worth in bottles. And I'm moving overseas soon. Had to go on hiatus :( It's been tough.

I'm also losing weight so drinking WAY less beer. Haven't had a full home brew in 1.5 weeks, but I'm down 8 pounds, so gonna keep it up for a while.

I had dixie band gigs on both Sat. and Sun. in the middle of the afternoon. Add in various chores and no brewing for me:( . I hope to brew on Memorial day and then the following weekend so I'll have my 3 planned beers ready for my pig roast mid-July. The Kolsch went in the keg Sat. morning, and my Loose Cannon clone went to secondary (and dry hopped) so while I didn't get to brew, I did do beer activities

work has me on a 4pm-2am schedule for the next month. Maybe I can wake up and start brewing @ 10 tomorrow morning though

I'm going to brew as soon as I get home from work tomorrow, 5:30ish sharp! :) No time this weekend, too many chores, but tomorrow is my time!

I'm going to be brewing a PM version of the bird's murder in the red barn. I'm going to call it Homicide on the Range -IIRA

Things slow way down in the summer because I have limited temp controlled space in my apartment. I have 2 Igloo Ice Cubes with custom lids which means I can only have 2 things going at once and one of those is my 6 month wee heavy so it's just sitting there at 58 deg.

I will be racking my Assassin's Brew this weekend and hopefully getting it in a keg in a few more weeks, then it's on to my first PM (maybe).

:off:

Hey, pjj2ba, what instrument do you play? I love playing my horn in dixieland brass band type stuff.

TUBA! Actually as of last year, I now use a helicon for dixie stuff - looks cool. The bone player in our group is a fantastic soloist.

Evan! said:
Seriously...I'm not brewing this week because I made a promise to myself that I was taking a hiatus for awhile. I've been brewing an average of 16.5 gallons per month over that past 10 months or so. And it's caught up to me. I have way too much beer. Stacks and stacks. At least 20 cases.

That's a good problem to have. Let me know if I can help you out with that. :D

Me, work 16 hrs Friday, 12 hrs Sat, Sun, Mon. Doesn't leave too much time for making beer (or drinking it)!

I'm still putting the equipment together, so I'm short a brewpot. But I will be putting some of Edworts cider together this weekend. Does that count?

Back