I am too nervous to do it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a freaking hole...just drill it where you want the darn valve.:confused:

Then you can get onto your next major dilemma.

Just make sure you're not wearing your good dress when you do it.

Lol no.... I brewed with it last week and all went well sans hole. I'll be getting 'round-to-it sometime in the near future.

So it is now a year later and still no holes. Plenty of beer has been brewed though. Now, to make matters much worse, I bought a March pump on sale. I didn't really think about the need for holes when I got the pump, so now I'm stuck again thinking about holes. Also, I wish someone had told me that the cost of the fittings to equip one kettle with a working whirlpool chiller will be 1.5 times the cost of the damn pump. What to do.....

nutty_gnome said:
So it is now a year later and still no holes. Plenty of beer has been brewed though. Now, to make matters much worse, I bought a March pump on sale. I didn't really think about the need for holes when I got the pump, so now I'm stuck again thinking about holes. Also, I wish someone had told me that the cost of the fittings to equip one kettle with a working whirlpool chiller will be 1.5 times the cost of the damn pump. What to do.....

You should probably just give me the pump...

I just don't understand this whole thread. In all my years of reading HBT, I've never once heard of someone ruining a keg because they drilled a hole in it. It's not hard! Really! Trust me! Trust the thousand of other HBT'ers who've done it successfully!

Time to sac up... ...woman... ;)

chicken_beer_right.png

OneHoppyGuy - your video is awesome, thanks! I did just what you show and now I have a great fitting in the bottom of my kettle.

The spigot makes it hard to sit on the burner, though. How do I get around this? Also, the handle is pretty hot to the touch after my boil....

:D

I think the problem here is the word "Hole". Nobody likes to have a hole in something when the object in question is designed to work without holes. Maybe the OP should look at this exercise as "Developing a small area of non-keg"

It's like having to vote in an election when there are only two candidates. You are not voting so much for a complete arsehole, you are merely voting against a completer arsehole.

Back