Need a Sneaky Beer Related Baby Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about something even subtler, such as incorporating 'ale' into the name.
Al or Albert, Sal or Sally, etc.

As for ******* names, my coworker told me that her mom worked in a hospital in a nursery. There was a baby with the name "La-a" there. So she went to the mother and stated that Lah Ahh was ready to be fed. The mother replied "Can't you read?!? Her name is LaDASHa!!!"

When she told me that I laughed so hard I almost farted.

Nothing like a weird name to help a kid grow up to be a nice, quiet person, that kept to themselves. Who you would have never expected to ...

Hallertauer Orion 21675

I actually started talking with my boss today about naming a daughter Jura or Islay after scotches. It actually sounds nice if you don't have the reference. Especially Jura, nice ring to it.

Congrats! :mug:

Be careful what you name your child, it may come back to haunt you. Case in point: a few years back while at work, I was at an elementary school. Saw a kid's name on the wall, "Isaac Cox". Think I'll probably see that name on TV again in 10-15 years with the words "double murder". :drunk:

That is crazy. There was a Harry Butts in my community. No worries. My Wife works in a hospital and sees all the crazy names people come up with. We are going normal, but hopefully with a beer double meaning.

You may have better luck, though, if you choose a name than only you associate with beer, even if the rest of the world doesn't.

The wife and I just had a baby girl 3 months ago, we named her Abbey.... Wasn't even thinking about that one being brew realated.... Sweet!!! I win! I wanted to go with Sierra, but the wifey shot that one down before I even got it all the way out.

Here's a site to keep you amused, though: Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing

Warning: :off:

I saw this on the above mentioned site. I just had to repost it here:
Sadly this is a true story. A young (very young) girl had a baby in the hospital where a friend of mine works as a nurse. The nurse asked the young girl for the baby's name for the birth certificate. The girl replied that the baby's name would be (pronounced) Ah-shol-ee. The nurse wasn't sure how to spell it so of course she asked the young mom to spell it for her. A-S-S-H-O-L-E. Asholey is how she's saying it but that's how she wanted it spelled. My friend turned to this young girl's mom, showed her the paper and said "this is how your daughter wants to spell the baby's name." The mom said it was fine. They would not change their mind. Apparently there is a little girl living in Connecticut named *******.

Congrats! :)

No suggestions ... but we tried to come up with a good Scotch-related name for our youngest. He was a souvenir of Whiskyfest 2008 in Chicago :) We considered Laphroaig, Lagavulin, etc. (DH is a big fan of the Islay whiskies), but in the end we just named him Eli :) He probably didn't need to be reminded of the circumstances of his conception anytime someone said his name, anyway ...

Hordeum (the genus for barley)
Orion (hop variety)
P..... (your family name)

Or stick with all hops and change the first name to Humulus (Hop genus).

Hordeum may not work for a girl (Hordeum the whore, etc...).

Latest posts

Back