Free Bourbon Barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staticxxx

Reaction score
I read this info on the "Milwaukee Area & Chicagoland Brewers Group"
brew board so I thought I would pass it on...

Milwaukee Area & Chicagoland Brewers Group :: Index

quote...

"I was just onformed by a Goose Island employee and relative that they are getting rid of alot of there Bourbon Barrels for FREE. These barrels were used for Bourbon County Stout. There are some catches, you need to take at least 4 and get them quickly, by sometime next week. There is no guarantee that they will hold beer, so you may want to get more than 1, but they are free."

"He also mentioned that he has almost 200 to get rid of."

They are at the Fulton Brewery downtown Chicago.

I would drive out there from Philly in a U-Haul for them if I didn't have another fricking wedding to attend this weekend.

Man, this brewery is 3 blocks from my house. I suppose I could go get some of them, but I don't have a truck. I'm thinking I'll take my dolly down there, and wheel them home one by one, all ghetto style.

Well ..... Unfortunately guys ... Its not open to the public. The Head Brewer posted it on a Craft Beer Guild and it got leaked. The guys down there are really busy and do not have time for a bunch of people coming in and interrupting business. Sounds like a great bunch of guys there though !!

You may call them up and see if they have any left. Sounds like they really want to get rid of them ... but like I said .. when I spoke with the head brewmaster ... he asked where I heard about this and that it wasnt open to the public. Cant hurt to call.

Back