What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When in Rome....

image-2699181755.jpg

Kentucky Common at West 6th.

Homebrew, of coarse... This is an IPA, utilizing a Maris Otter base, and Apollo/Citra/Columbus hops. And a bit of Caramel 10*L.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Been drinking FBS since 8:30 this AM. Just stepped up to Pipeworks Coffee Break Abduction. Brewing a new IPA recipe that's smelling delicious!

image-424054364.jpg

Does any one know if they use lactose in this beer? Has a nice sweetness to i cant put my finger on.

extract kit Pilsner I tinkered with. meh. glad I got 8 1/2 gallons to go...

yeah thats not too bad :D

I didnt think id be drinking tonight as I am taking the life/heath insurance licensing exam tomorrow but my boss suggested I take the night off from studying to relax. I dont wanna disobey my boss so im drinking a HB IPA :mug:

2013-11-13 17.53.28.jpg

yeah, but it's 8 1/2 gallons of "meh".

I had a IPA turn out at 8.5% instead of 6 due to a broken scale and I only had 2 gallons, I had to dump over half cuz it was terribly hot and not gonna get any better. Dont fear the drain, at least for a little of it. Who knows, it may get better with time or alcohol already consumed :D

I had a IPA turn out at 8.5% instead of 6 due to a broken scale and I only had 2 gallons, I had to dump over half cuz it was terribly hot and not gonna get any better. Dont fear the drain, at least for a little of it. Who knows, it may get better with time or alcohol already consumed :D

Just get a six-pack of Ghost Face Killah or Ghost Scorpion. Have one of those and then use a gallon of this to put out the fire. It won't taste meh hen. ;)

it'll be something for me to keep my hands off other brews. hahahha!!

Okay, I'm no professional taster here but I was delivered two cans of Gandhi Bot and two bottles of Nukebrewer's Gandhi Bot Clone.

Unfortunately, the photo doesn't do it 100% justice but to compare here, I will do my best to describe what I can taste.

BTW, yes, I opened both at the same time and both are showing 40F for posterity.

GBC = the clone FWIW

Color: GBC is only slightly darker than GB.
Scent: GBC has a much sweeter scent and in truth, it is well received. GB has your typical bitter scent that you'd expect from any DIPA. I am not good at identifying a hop by scent but whatever is going on with the GBC it is good.
Taste: The GBC starts out sweeter (?) and finishes with that bitterness of a DIPA. The GB to me starts and finishes exactly how it smells. So it is bitter and doesn't seem to change at all going down (TWSS). I almost think I prefer the clone. I'm sure someone is thinking they'd like to knock me in the mouth for that saying that about the beloved GB, but hey...this is my review. :D
Head: (schoolgirl giggle) clearly GB has better head retention and in fact, the GB produced more head. Both were chilling for the same amount of time and both were poured into the same style glass one right after the other. I didn't tilt the glass or anything. The head just really barely showed up on the GBC. Once both settled, you wouldn't really know one was a clone and one was the real deal color excluded. I'd say that the SRM was like going from a 13 to a 14 or 14 to a 15. It's negligible to say the least.

There is one taste I cannot figure out on the GBC. The second it hits my tongue it is there and quickly goes away. I wish I could describe it as something other than sweet. I truly like it.

As for calling this a clone, I'm not going to lie and say it is right on. No disrespect at all. I am going to say that it almost tastes better. It could be me and my pallet tonight isn't appreciating the bitterness of an IPA (or DIPA) but I don't think that is it entirely. :eek: I will say as I wrote this the GBC started to warm up more (like the GB did) and the scent is a bit closer. The taste of the GBC is a bit more desirable than the GB to me, at least.

I hope you don't mind my super public review Aaron. I am happy to have two cans and two bottles. I will wait until another day to try both and see if I still feel the same. BTW, none of this is bad. In fact, your GBC is a very very good beer. You'll have to confirm the recipe is the one posted here on this site for me. I'm curious if I can pull off such a beer. Thank you again for sending! Oh and can I applaud you for actually filling the bottle so it was spot on 12 oz? The GBC is literally within a hair of the 12 oz pour from a can of GB. Kudos!

GBC on the left.
IMG_5798.jpg

Latest posts

Back