So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished the first batch using my newly acquired Monster Mill 2! Purchased the mill because the mill at my LHBS is no longer adjustable and they have it set at 60% efficiency.

Sans Le Chat from Wild Brews (pitched WLP644 and WLP653). Efficiency was 80%

Going to do an almost-all-Chinook IPA (Columbus for the bittering, Chinook for late additions and dry hop.)

I will be brewing a 100% brett beer using White Labs brett c, brett trois, and ECY03-B

What are you trying to achieve?

Not asking in a *****y way... I use a lot of Trois and have some experience there. I might be able to add some experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

What are you trying to achieve?

Not asking in a *****y way... I use a lot of Trois and have some experience there. I might be able to add some experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

Fuity/pineapple flavors. I've brewed a ton with the trois/c combination and have gotten consistent results. I added the ECY03-B to mix it up and see what I come up with. I had a vial that I split between multiple young sours I have so I figured I would throw some in. Its all about experimentation man.

On Thursday I'm taking my pale ale recipe that normally is all Amarillo and brewing it with 2 experimental hops from Vakima Valley (pine & grapefruit).
On Saturday I'm brewing up a super hoppy IPA.

Both are for my fantasy football draft party so my league is coming by to assist with Saturday's brew day, should be fun since only 1 of them has seen the process.

I'm hoping to get around to brewing a batch of FuzzyMitten's Hi Nelson Saison with hibiscus flowers this weekend...within the next week, anyway.

with some Milk Stout. i have been taking a "hiatus" for a couple of years, but i go the fever again. today it will be an extract recipe, but i have a mashtun now and will soon enter the world of AGB. i am excited/nervous, but if my bro can do it, i can too.

Doing a Creme Brûlée clone this weekend and looking forward to it. I hope it is delicious.

Just put to bed a white ale. A nice summery brew.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404337892.941003.jpg

Super hot brew day!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thinking about doing an Irish red ale. Making my starter with wlp004 today. Going to the LHBS tomorrow and get the recipe filled. Man, I'm brewing at a torrid pace!

I got a FEVER! And the only prescription... Is more homebrew!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just starting the boil on goose island urban wheat clone... I feel the same way as you catdaddy66

Mashing in BM's Cream of 3 Crops. My 2nd AG. I figured out how big my Tuns are... Will easily fit 7.5 gallons of water, 12# 2 row, 4# flaked corn and 1# minute rice. Not much room left. I'll be subbing in 1 oz. Saaz and 1 oz. mystery hop. The % on the hops is slightly higher, but I've got them. My miniature LHBS didn't have the yeast I wanted. Ended up with a Calif. liquid yeast and a packet of Safale 005 (or something like that). I plan on 1 carboy as is, and the other will do a fruit secondary.
Thanks to all y'all I'm in this hobby. I have a few friends who brew, but schedules are a difficult thing. Without all you guys and Wonderful Gals, I'd never make. Thanks for all your help.
Tom

Mashed in about 30 minutes ago. Doing SD_SLIM's Blood Orange Hefe. Did the extract version a few months ago and it was delicious. Trying the AG version now. Can't wait to try it!

Bottled 5 gallons IPA yesterday and brewed another 5 gallons of
red ale this morning, Independance Day Ale I'm naming it . (IDA)

Warming up for a BM Wit-Ness! first brew with the newly acquired brewstand.... Hope it goes well...!

Got a bavarian wheat kit done last night. Looked at the grain listing and thought, 'way too yellowy'. So it is now a dunkel with special B and 120 that I had in the basement. Starter poured in this morning after finally getting it down to temp in fermentor.

Tomorrow I will be brewing the AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale for the first time (AG version). Any insight from anyone who had brewed this about what to expect? All the reviews so far look pretty good.

Tomorrow I will be brewing the AHS Sour Ginger Peach Ale for the first time (AG version). Any insight from anyone who had brewed this about what to expect? All the reviews so far look pretty good.

The only advice I can give is don't add the fake peach flavoring. The base beer turned out okay. Not sour at all, though. But the ginger is a nice addition. The peach flavoring completely ruins it IMO.
I bought it when they were offering free shipping on all their kits last year. It sounded interesting, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's been at least 9 months or so and I still have more than half the batch left just sitting around. Not sure if I'll be able to get through them all or not.

Oh, thread. I did a bitter after a mild. Just have a white IPA experiment in my sig before I need to restock the pipeline.

Back