ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have wondered if the batch get successively larger, as well.

Like, the first time Bug Farm shows up for the year, it's a small batch and some is saved back to grow up the next batch a week or two later. Then that 2nd batch is bigger. Then the 3rd batch is bigger yet AND none is held back for growing up a 4th batch. So, the first time it shows up, it sells out quick because the demand is high and the supply is low. Then when you get around to whichever batch is still for sale, the people that had been waiting in line for it are have some and there is suddenly a larger supply.

Anyway, whatever the situation is, I think this actually justifies the small batch/part-time aspect of ECY. If there was always tons of ECY stuff available and there always had been, then they would be screwed trying to sell the same large amount with all of the new competition sprouting up in the industry.

My $0.02

And yes, there is still BugFarm (ECY01) and Old Newark Ale (ECY10) available and I have 2 vials of BugFarm in my fridge in the basement. I need to pick up a sack of pils malt and get brewing some new sour brews.

I think there are so many other good options now, between the yeast bay, omega, and others that ECY isn't the only game in town any more. Not speaking for anyone else, but I kind of have a bit of ECY fatigue, with waiting for it to show up and trying to beat everyone else to the checkout counter.

It's nice having so many more excellent options that are regularly in stock. Nothing against ECY, he makes a fantastic product. But I like to brew to my schedule, and I can pretty easily get the cultures I want whenever I want through other places.

Probably the reason you see it taking longer to sell out. Or perhaps he has also ramped up production. Im still working through them. Bug county this year is fantastic and it super soured. I have bug farm in the fridge and some saisons and bretts to play with. I want to try the Flemish ale blend if it ever surfaces

Im late to the ecy party but Im having a blast anyways.

Probably the reason you see it taking longer to sell out. Or perhaps he has also ramped up production. Im still working through them. Bug county this year is fantastic and it super soured. I have bug farm in the fridge and some saisons and bretts to play with. I want to try the Flemish ale blend if it ever surfaces

Im late to the ecy party but Im having a blast anyways.

Either way, it's great that more people seem to be able to get their hands on it!

Looks like they got another shipment in.

BugFarm
Dirty Dozen
Old Newark
Kolschbier

I have 2 vials of BugFarm already in the fridge that I haven't had time to brew anything for. I also have several other yeasts waiting to get to work. If only I had time (and fermenters) to brew more, I'd be grabbing some Dirty Dozen.

Hey everyone, fresh new East Coast Yeast Stock in! Berliner Blends, Dirty Dozen, BugFarms, and more! www.love2brew.com

Also to address some of the questions: "Did something change". Yes, something did!

We've been working with ECY for years to increase production to meet demands and as ECY has grown they have been doing an excellent job in hearing what homebrewers are asking for. We received three of the biggest shipments we ever had back to back so it's been awesome for everyone.

Any other questions please feel free to contact us directly - [email protected]!

Thanks for pointing that out! They are live on the site now - if you already ordered just place a second one and make a note for us to combine your orders so we won't charge shipping twice!

Hey everyone, fresh new East Coast Yeast Stock in! Berliner Blends, Dirty Dozen, BugFarms, and more! www.love2brew.com

Also to address some of the questions: "Did something change". Yes, something did!

We've been working with ECY for years to increase production to meet demands and as ECY has grown they have been doing an excellent job in hearing what homebrewers are asking for. We received three of the biggest shipments we ever had back to back so it's been awesome for everyone.

Any other questions please feel free to contact us directly - [email protected]!

That's great to hear. If I didn't have another vial of BugFarm (and several other yeasts) still in my fridge, I'd be ordering some right now. That Berliner Blend looks like it would be really good.

They have Bug Farm, Flemish Ale, Dirty Dozen Brett and 6 clean clean strains in stock today. I picked up a Bug Farm and a Flemish Ale.

Finally got Flemish Ale. Got DD just cuz. Now Im done. Will have tried all those Ive been curious about. Happy times.

Dirty dozen best uses? Lambic or funk up stout? Saison? Add to omega sour blend for?. I have most of their sour blends now and Saisons. Just got this one today........

How fast does this turn around? I know brett loves time but 3 months would be optimal (for me - haha)

I think a copitch with saison yeast, as well as a primary use, could be ready to bottle in 3 months no problem. More time would just net a bit more complexity.

I have wy3726, ecy saison brasserie ready to go. Might have to think about that. Was going to bottle condition a saison w brett but with this cell count should probably put it to work sooner.

DD is a great blend. I used it in a simple blonde and it starts to really take off after six months. It will taste good at 3-4, but is really worth the wait. My oldest DD beer is about 15 months now and it's incredible.

I also used it to bottle condition an IPA this past winter and that is tasting very delicious now too.

Ok. Thank you. Think I'll
Primary ferment with most of it and reserve some to grow up a little to pitch into a hoppy saison or a hoppy pale/IPA.

Just sampled my ECY20 golden sour brewed 1-16-16. Wonderful citrus lemon lime rind and pineapple with slight funk. Very nice. Might take a portion of it to blend and leave the rest to improve. So far Im really digging this blend. Doing a sour stout w it next.

I just cracked open an ECY20 dark sour last night. It's amazing.

I used a bunch of brown malt and it tastes like dark chocolate, dried cherries, and maybe a little molasses.

Love it.

How long ago did you brew it? I think this blend would be awesome in a darker wort. Sounds like you have proof that it is!

It's about a year and a half old. I have a pretty good pipeline of sours at this point, so patience wasn't an issue.

I have another carboy with the other half of the batch still waiting. That half had the ECY20 to start, and then I've added various dregs along the way. So, that one might turn out differently.

Either way, I feel like using a bunch of brown malt and staying away from chocolate or black malt is the way to go for darker sours. None of the more bitter coffee flavors or the astringent, burnt flavors that make some dark sours difficult to drink.

Did anyone pick up the Single Strain Saison (ECY14) with the latest batch on Love2Brew? I'd be interested in a jar of rinsed yeast...

Does anyone have any 03B they can trade? I didn't take care of mine very well and it got contaminated.

I'll admit to being in a fairly happy place when I saw their Facebook post announcing a fresh inventory. I picked up a vial of the new Senne Valley as well as the new to me Oude Bruin. I also got another ECY02 Flemish which I really liked when used in a couple batches and the Brasserie Saison blend to try. I'm set for a while.

Back