Shaving Blows

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate shaving... electric or not. I also hate having facial hair. I'm ****ed!

I've seen the light!

I decided to try shaving in the shower, so I got a fogless shower mirror and an SE razor, and now I actually somewhat enjoy shaving and my face doesn't feel like all of the hairs were singed off with a blowtorch when I am done.

Now, I'm moving on to the next-step... Badger bristle shaving brush and Col. Conk's Almond Shave Soap to see if I can improve the effectiveness of my shaves.

I've seen the light!

I decided to try shaving in the shower, so I got a fogless shower mirror and an SE razor, and now I actually somewhat enjoy shaving and my face doesn't feel like all of the hairs were singed off with a blowtorch when I am done.

Now, I'm moving on to the next-step... Badger bristle shaving brush and Col. Conk's Almond Shave Soap to see if I can improve the effectiveness of my shaves.

Nice to see another convert. nothing like stepping waaay back in shave technology and having an improvement in your results.

Glad to see so many people are finding the light of wet shaving. I converted about a year and a half ago.

For the longest time I had horrible razor burn and ingrown hairs every time I shaved. Admittedly, that may have been from the fact that I went 2 - 3 months on a single blade cartridge that went dull a week after I bought it. But when you're paying 5 dollars per cartridge, you want to get your money's worth.

I mostly got into using a DE razor because I could get good blades for 10 cents each. But, upon the first shave, I swore off any other kind of razor. Best shave I ever had. And now when the blade gets dull I don't suffer through it for months. Toss it in the recycling and get another 10 cent blade out, fresh and sharp. I enjoy shaving now.

Never again will I use a modern razor. They can't hold a candle to a proper blade so they add gimmicks (5 blades? Really? Use one good blade rather than 5 crappy ones).

The gimmicks remind me of certain macro breweries.

Never again will I use a modern razor. They can't hold a candle to a proper blade so they add gimmicks (5 blades? Really? Use one good blade rather than 5 crappy ones).

The gimmicks remind me of certain macro breweries.

Well said, I couldnt agree more.

Yea I have been doing the DE razor and Badger brush thing for a while, and it blows away the Mach 3 crap I had been using since I was 14. I did get a cut on my nostril this morning though. You have to slow down and be careful, especially when your are still sleepy!

Back