3/16 to 5/16 beverage lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougbo

Reaction score
I'm new to this so forgive my incompetence...I just got a two faucet tower on ebay. It has four 5/16 lines coming out of it...two for the glycol in/out (I plan to circulate cold water from the fridge with an aquarium pump to keep the lines cold) and two lines for the taps....I just bought 20 ft of 3/16 beverage line...Is it ok to run 3/16 from the kegs and connect to the last 5 feet of 5/16? If so, what is the connecter called and where do I order it? Also, will running 3/16 into 5/16 cause foaming or any other problems..thanks

You need to do more research, there are so many different factors(i.e. length of run of your dispensing line) most guys have such a short run of line that they don't run any type of cooling. Search the archives there are a ton of threads on this subject.:)

No matter how you transition from 3/16 to 5/16 there will be an abrupt pressure drop. Since you'll have enough 3/16 before the change, foaming shouldn't be too big of a problem. You should be able to find brass tubing adapters in a hardware store.

Back