which to use for flavor/aroma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becksbolero2

Reaction score
So I'm planning on making a pretty hoppy pale tomorrow, but the only hops I have are two ounces of warrior, and two ounces of magnum.
How would you guys use these. I don't have the grain bill in front of me unfortunatly. I want to do a large amount of late additions and not as much early.

What do you guys think ?

thanks

id use 1 oz warrior for first wort hopping, then .5oz warrior at 60 min, then .5oz warrior at 30 min, then 1 oz magnum at 15 min, then dry hop 1oz magnum.

I don't have first hand experience, so take this w/ a grain of salt but check this link out: Homebrewing Recipes and Articles

Even though they're generally used as bittering hops I'm sure you could get some good flavor/aromas out of them. Looks like the Magnum is more earthy/spicy and the Warrior is more on the citrusy side. Not sure how accurate this is but it might be at least somewhat of a guideline.

Back