Full Boil Brews AND EVENTUAL ALL GRAIN 5 GALLON

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWKBrewing13

Reaction score
hey guys whats up? I was looking at kettles and stoves for doing full extract boils and also for eventual AG boils (both would be boil a 6.5 or so amount and boil off down to 5 gallon).

What is a good stove and size kettle I should look at getting that I wont grow out of for a while.

I have made the mistake of buying equipment without consulting the experts (you guys)

Can't go wrong with a 10 gallon kettle but I would say a bare minimum of 8 gallons. I have a 10 gallon kettle and a Bayou Classic SP10 burner and can't complain. I boil about 7.5 gallons.

i use 2 SQ-14s and can't be happier.. i have keggles and they support the full weight of them on there nicely.. i actually started with a very similar pot that TwoGunz suggested (from the same store actually, we have a brick and morter locally) and it worked well.. once i got my keggles that has been downgraded to a soup/corn cooker

The SP-10 is the same price if not cheaper than the SQ-14. Whats the BTU rating on each. Im having problems finding anything

Adventures in Homebrewing (website and LHBS) has a two weld 9 gallon kettle for 80. Then I could get the brass spigot and thermometer for it.

Do you guys think 9 gallon would be good for 5 gallons batches of all grain ???

What stove would be good. The SQ-14? the SP-10? How long does it take them to reach a boil???

Back