Working From Home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksbrain

Reaction score
Pending snow and ice here in New England has me working from home today. The only place I can do any work here with the kids around is in the basement, which also happens to be the brewery. Having just brewed on Sunday this gives me the pleasure of being here as fermentation picks up. When I got started a few hours ago, there was no krausen, now a foamy pillow of yeast byproduct is forming on top of the IPA. I'm sure the Red will be creeping out the blowoff by the end of the day.

Just have to make sure to not drink from home while I'm working.

Just have to make sure to not drink from home while I'm working.

Yeah, drinking from home while working is probably a bad idea. Hell, drinking from anywhere is a bad idea while working.

Now drinking while working from home on the other hand, that's no big deal and is the #1 perk for telecommuting. :tank:

I love teleworking!
I get to speakerphone many of my calls, and most of them I don't even need to talk on - so mute stays on, and I'm free to multitask by taking care of my wine/beer artistry! LOL

In southern Michigan today...lot's of folks are preparing to Tele-C... whether they want to or not..... 15+ inches on the Way and Blizzard Warnings out.....

My buddy is brewing tonight in celebration... But, I can't get there!

Yup, looks like I'll be brewing.....er, telecommuting for the next couple of days. ;)

10 to 20 inches up here in Maine by thursday morning......last storm I brewed, and I will be again tomorrow. Also have a batch to bottle. Wife is loading up on food, etc, so tomorrow will be perfect.

My classes were canceled today due to our really bad weather. I am getting ahead on school work and this afternoon I'm going to brew up a scotch ale.

Jerry Jones must be pissed right now. DFW Airport is shut down and nobody is going to his stupid pre-game crap this week.

I'd be working on my keezer right now if I were telecommuting, but sadly there's no snow in SoCal. Working in the public sector though, I rarely ever get a chance to work from home.

Humm....my worries are not if it's going to snow here or what the Superbowl will be like. My worries are that my order of hurricane burners come at their ETA! :drunk:

Yeah... should not have done that. Motivation to be productive is at an all-time low right now, and I'm thinking "one more wouldn't hurt"

My restaurant is closed due to the storm, home with the kids. I brewed yesterday, pitched today (Thank you no chill!). I'm going to bottle a Mr. Beer kit my m-i-l gave me for Christmas. Maybe some hot hard cider later!

Back