What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last growler of Alpine Nelson..thanks to my friend who went up there a couple of days ago and brought back some goodies for me..I salute you my friend!

Had some celabration and silver city ipa earlier while brewing and kegging the bella saison

Dont mind if I do

ForumRunner_20131125_010717.jpg

The good: It is a mercifully short work week :ban:

The bad: It is cold out - so I'm drinking coffee.

The ugly: I'm back working four hours after I finished for the night. So I'll be drinking a lot more coffee this morning! :mad:

mcbaumannerb said:
The good: It is a mercifully short work week :ban: The bad: It is cold out - so I'm drinking coffee. The ugly: I'm back working four hours after I finished for the night. So I'll be drinking a lot more coffee this morning! :mad:

Wow Mark. Sounds like the sort of day you might snap if someone tells you how great working at home must be. I just woke up to throw some wood in the stove after staying up too late watching football.

More coff. On vacation and no one is home except the the dog and I. It's going to be beer o'clock really soon!

Cherry coke right now. Beer later.
I didn't drink any beer last night while watching the game. It felt so unnatural to watch football without drinking beer. So I have to make up for it tonight. :D

My Gandhi clone. I think I screwed this clone up by brewing it with Conan. The apricot/peach aroma is incredible. Just doesn't taste exactly like Gandhi. Going to try a different yeast next time.

View attachment 162429

mcbaumannerb said:
Double-down - nice! Having water with my soup for lunch. Two more days to go ...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Mark! I am fortunate to start the festivities a little bit earlier than most. I just cleaned the house and stacked two cords of wood earlier this morning before the big rain and snow storms approach.

One thing I love about Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday, is seeing family and eating great food. But it's always a PITA when I host it at my house with so many people. I make sure everyone has what they need and always feel like I have to clean-up instead of sitting back and enjoying myself.

This year will be a lot different as I have become a beer drinker. I plan to get smacked immediately after the morning high school football Turkey day games in our small towns. I hope my mother doesn't notice I will have a ridiculous buzz going from like 11:30 a.m. onward!

A Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Brian! I'm staying put this year as well (luckily this is the off-year) - otherwise that storm would have made the 10-11 hour drive to may parents in Ohio more like 14-15 hours. I plan on getting the bird in the oven before breakfast and then cracking open the Good Gourd AllenH was kind enough to send me to enoy!

mcbaumannerb said:
A Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Brian! I'm staying put this year as well (luckily this is the off-year) - otherwise that storm would have made the 10-11 hour drive to may parents in Ohio more like 14-15 hours. I plan on getting the bird in the oven before breakfast and then cracking open the Good Gourd AllenH was kind enough to send me to enoy!

Thanks. That sounds awesome. I will be busy smoking two turkeys and putting one in the oven.

I have saved a few beers for Turkey day that I've acquired via trade. Some Surly, Bruery and a few others will be consumed on Thursday. I can't wait!

My thanksgiving apple nutmeg DIPA carbonation is verry little. It has been sitting in a room at about 55 degrees is there a chance I can help the carb by heating it up? It's been 3 weeks in the bottle and I moved it last week out of a 70 degree room?

image-3846586593.jpg

I think we lost remmy already. Basement, I would say that 70 would be better to carb, at least time wise but that is just my opinion

finsfan said:
I think we lost remmy already. Basement, I would say that 70 would be better to carb, at least time wise but that is just my opinion
Even now it is still possible if I put it back into a warmer room to get a little more carb by Thursday?

Another Port City Monumental IPA. I am not sold on this brew. I will still give Port City a chance, but this one just seems too unbalanced for me.

Back