Keezer Foam Problem - But Only One Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benthic

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a foam problem in my keezer that mystifies me. Currently I have a dunkelweizen, an IPA and an Irish Red on tap. All three are controlled by the same regulator, so all three kegs are at the same pressure. The dunkel foams quite a bit when I pour it, and the other two are fine. I don't understand why. Any ideas?

Brian

So not only One Tap, but only one regulator?

Are the line lengths the same in all 3? Same diameter? have you checked for a cold spot in the freezer? If the dunkle by chance the keg closest to the Compressor?

So not only One Tap, but only one regulator?

Are the line lengths the same in all 3? Same diameter? have you checked for a cold spot in the freezer? If the dunkle by chance the keg closest to the Compressor?

Yes...three taps, but only one regulator. The lines for all three faucets are the same length and diameter.

And yes, the dunkel is the keg closest to the compressor hump. Does that change something?

Brian

You could potentially have that one deviant keg in a cold spot of the keezer. I just finished correcting problems related to temperature regulation in my keezer. Mine was not related to a cold spot, but I did experience excessive foam because my temps were too cold.

as a simple test, rearrange the kegs, see if foaming problem follows whatever keg is closer to hump. Let it sit a couple hours to cool down like the dunkel is now. If this is the case, you could install a simple PC fan in the cold area to circulate air evenly.

Back