Mango habanero IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm putting together a mango habanero IPA recipe, I was thinking I should add the puréed mango and habanero to the secondary fermentation. Anyone care to shed some lite on this?

Just a suggestion, use Citra hops as flavoring and/or aroma/dry hops. They give off very strong mango notes, and will complement that beer nicely.

TopherM said:
Just a suggestion, use Citra hops as flavoring and/or aroma/dry hops. They give off very strong mango notes, and will complement that beer nicely.

Thanks for the suggestion, how much do you suggest for a 5 gallon batch?

I had good luck "dry peppering" an IPA with 1.4-2.8 grams of habanero per gallon of beer. Roughly chopped and removed after five days.

Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero wings are my absolute favorite. Subscribed.

1.0-1.5 oz. as an aroma hops @ 5 min, 1.0 oz as a dry hop. If you use it as a flavoring hop, you'll need to taylor it it your intended IBUs.

I use 3 lbs frozen mango, 1 habanero, puree and add to boil as its cooling 170 degrees or so, then use my paint mixer to help cool wort and mix in puree. add to carboy ,pitch yeast. when racking to secondary taste and add organic mango juice and 1 more habanero if needed.

Back