something in my apfelwein?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detlion1643

Reaction score
I know I know... relax? Right?

I went to move my wine last week so I could bottle and got a small stream of bubbles and this floating from the sediment to the top. I moved the secondary back and this thing isnt settling back down. Getting a little worried about that as I've been extra careful and nothing wrong happened while racking.

ForumRunner_20120806_081539.jpg

Probably just part of your yeast popping off and riding some CO2 up?

I dont think it could be an infection if thats what your wondering, they tend to form on the surface as i understand it, not in the trub...

If your wanting to bottle it and it wont settle, and your worried about it you could probably very carefully siphon it out off the top and dump it into the sink. You shouldnt lose more than a few oz, you can use that as your FG/Taste sample ;)

It seemed weird not settling back down, if it is yeast. However, I was thinking like you about infections forming on surfaces, so I doubted it. But after a week of just sitting there I began to question it.

I'll have to try to siphon it if I can for a taster. Thanks!

Back