Pittsburgh/Western PA Group Buy - Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a bit early in the process. What is the expectation as far as delivery is concerned? After Christmas? After the New Year?

jags0401 said:
This may be a bit early in the process. What is the expectation as far as delivery is concerned? After Christmas? After the New Year?

I'll be pessimistic and say after xmas. Shipping is by pallet - if we don't get a break for multiple pallets then I'll pull the trigger as soon as each one is full. I know some folks are thinking "the sooner, the better!"

Edit: that's assuming time it takes to collect orders and payments is 30 days. Will try my best to speed it along.

I'm mark and new to this forum. Good friends with hophead. I'll be in for several sacks.

Ok guys, this is gonna sound like an odd request but anyone interested in splittling a sack of flaked maize. Nevermind what I use it for but could sure use a good bit...

Are we good with the account sign up? If needed we can use one of my LLC's which has all the requires registrations that the grain supplier would need.

Please let me know.

Where will the pickup be? That will determine if it is worthwhile for me to make the trip after the grain.

Are we good with the account sign up? If needed we can use one of my LLC's which has all the requires registrations that the grain supplier would need.

Please let me know.

JC - thank you for the offer! I have it covered, but I'll let you know if something changes.

Where will the pickup be? That will determine if it is worthwhile for me to make the trip after the grain.

Here's the planned address - I'm in the process of finalizing now.
200 South 22nd St
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Ok guys, this is gonna sound like an odd request but anyone interested in splittling a sack of flaked maize. Nevermind what I use it for but could sure use a good bit...

I don't use more than 4-5 lbs of it a year, but if you're using it for what I think you are, it shouldn't take you that long to use a sack of it.

Ok gentlemen the long awaited entry form to get the buy moving should have been shared with all of you this morning via the email address you provided to brewguyver. The form should look remarkably similar to the last two buys cause it's a copy. All of the new folks there are instruction in the file but if you have any issues that you can't figure out message the group on here or send me a PM.

Happy Grain Buying!

I didn't get an email this morning, but I did get one with the catalog the other day. Could you please resend to Ben master eleven. Thanks!

So, I got the e-mail on 11/29 that says "I've shared an item with you." and it was for "pittsburgh group 3.2".

But when I log into Google Drive using the same e-mail, it says "You need permission to access this item." I went ahead and clicked "Request access", but seems to me like I should already have access if I got the e-mail in the first place.

hop_head, can you please take a look and see if I've somehow lost my permissions to this document?

Anyone else get the following message when you open the document?

"You are using an unsupported browser. Some features may not work correctly. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome.Dismiss"

It seems that I'm not able to enter any values into the spreadsheet.

Not sure if Im too late but I'd love to get into this buy. I was in on the first but missed the second for some reason. Now I'm dangerously low on 2-Row.

I get that when I use the computers at work, they use Internet Explorer. I think it is Google wants you to use thier stuff where it works better., google chrome

"You are using an unsupported browser. Some features may not work correctly. Upgrade to a modern browser, such as Google Chrome.Dismiss"

Not sure if Im too late but I'd love to get into this buy. I was in on the first but missed the second for some reason. Now I'm dangerously low on 2-Row.

kpr - send me your info and I'll get you added (see post 80, page 8)

So, I got the e-mail on 11/29 that says "I've shared an item with you." and it was for "pittsburgh group 3.2".

But when I log into Google Drive using the same e-mail, it says "You need permission to access this item." I went ahead and clicked "Request access", but seems to me like I should already have access if I got the e-mail in the first place.

hop_head, can you please take a look and see if I've somehow lost my permissions to this document?

fred - I just added you back in - your name got dropped :confused:. Sorry about that!

bja - any luck with a different browser?

Quick update:

As of now we're on to a second pallet - at 42 full sacks, 18 partial, with 5 folks yet to put in their orders. I'll post the list of partial sacks here and work with hophead on filling up pallet #2 as soon as everyone else is in.

Email sent, thanks!

I will be in for 2 sacks of 2-row, a sack of MO, and Ill be checking out the splits.

Email sent, thanks!

I will be in for 2 sacks of 2-row, a sack of MO, and Ill be checking out the splits.

kpr - Added - let me know if you don't get the list or have trouble accessing the form.

When's the probable delivery date? I'd be in, if it's when I'm in the area.

Yooper - I shot the sales rep an email to confirm turnaround time - will post back as soon as I know.

Not yet. Having some computer issues.

Can you put me down for the following:

6 sacks CM 2-Row
1 sack CM Munich
1 sack Briess Crystal 60

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

bja - Added you for the CM 2-Row and CM munich. Which Crystal 60 are you looking for - the 2-row or the regular?

bja - Added you for the CM 2-Row and CM munich. Which Crystal 60 are you looking for - the 2-row or the regular?

Sorry about the confusion. I just looked at the sack I have now and it's Great Western, not Briess. I think Great Western only has one kind of C60. That's the one I want.

I won't have access to my email until Tuesday so I can't look at the price sheets.

Thanks again.

Bob

Hi Folks - We're officially closed on pallet 2 (and over by 2 sacks). I put the list to read only for the sake of simplicity.

We'll roll the incomplete splits onto a new sheet, to be filled in the next round (assuming folks still want them). That will open it up as soon as we get the first two pallets paid and ordered.

In the mean time, please double-check your orders. Hophead and I will get things adjusted and get final totals/"invoices" out in the next few days. I also need 2 sacks to move to group buy #4 - any volunteers?

ok guys... i'll take one for the team. Please move my CM 2 row to the next round.
just need someone else to move one to the next round.

Thanks bja - that puts us at 2 full pallets.

All, I'll work on getting the final numbers tonight and tomorrow and will send out "invoices" as soon as that's done

So, it looks like I missed another one. Are you starting from scratch with a new round or are we working on the sheet from the last round? I don't want to mess up the spreadsheet.

Also, can we order hops?

Thanks!

Adam

So, it looks like I missed another one. Are you starting from scratch with a new round or are we working on the sheet from the last round? I don't want to mess up the spreadsheet.

Also, can we order hops?

Thanks!

Adam

Start pulling your list together offline - I'm going to put out a list that starts with the open splits from this last one around Monday or Tuesday (12/13 or 12/14).

I'm up for doing hops, but we need someone with an industrial vacuum sealer. They only come in 11# or 44# bags. Also, the good ones are sold out for the year - we'd have to go long on a hops contract for Fall 2013 (or 2014 for the uber popular ones).

Another option is to get together and split an order to Hops Direct or another provider with good prices but bad shipping.

I would be interested in a couple bags of base grain on the next go-round. I'll keep an eye out.

Here's a great place for hops. http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/
the owner jeff is great to deal with and he may give us some deals. i got over 6 lbs of hops from him this year and most were around $8.oo/lb. shipping was $5.00 for 3 lbs.
we will need to break down the packages. i have found mylar bags fo around 7.00/100 that will hold an ounce or 2.. just thought this may be an option for us. oh and i have a snorkle vac. sealer that will seal the bags. it's not comercial but it works fine.

Here's a great place for hops. http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/
the owner jeff is great to deal with and he may give us some deals. i got over 6 lbs of hops from him this year and most were around $8.oo/lb. shipping was $5.00 for 3 lbs.
we will need to break down the packages. i have found mylar bags fo around 7.00/100 that will hold an ounce or 2.. just thought this may be an option for us. oh and i have a snorkle vac. sealer that will seal the bags. it's not comercial but it works fine.

Sounds reasonable to me. All we'd need is a proper heat sealer (i've burned myself with enough irons to say i'm not a fan of sealing with one) and (potentially) a nitrogen tank if we want to flush the bags. I may be able to provide the nitrogen tank...been thinking of getting one for exactly this reason.

Back