DKershner's Gluten-Free Tripel Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaced

Reaction score
Yesterday I brewed up DKershner's Gluten-Free Tripel Blonde. Now the waiting game begins :) Checked the fermintation this morning and it's bubling along nicely.

Here is the original recipe

http://brew.dkershner.com/2009/gluten-free-tripel-blonde/

My variation was 70grams more sugar and slightly less sorghum @ 2.8Kg's, this is just how it is packaged from the supplier.

I'll update this thread (in a few weeks) when I get to try it.

Thanks again to DKershner for the recipe.

Last night I checked the progress and took a sample from the fermenter. It tastes fantastic, can't wait for it to finish now.

I'm thinking two weeks in the fermenter before bottle conditioning. At one week there is still a lot of hops suspended in it.

I would do 4 weeks minimum on a beer this big. Let the yeast do their thing, they like the extra time.

I would do 4 weeks minimum on a beer this big. Let the yeast do their thing, they like the extra time.

You'll have to excuse my ignoarance (still very new to brewing) but what does the extra time do? Does it make the beer clearer?

Yeah, yeah... :p

Hey, what's your next beer gonna be? I think I am going to try an all BRS American Lager. GFweiser? Bud-Free?

I just tried a 75% BRS/Rice Syrup Solid beer, and I am not sure how it is going to turn out. I think right now it is still a bit green- brewed it on 3/5 and kegged it yesterday. The taste is a bit fruity but unlike the sorghum taste- this is more pineapple... I used Strisselspalt as my hops, and alittle bit of light toasted buckwheat and millet steeped before the boil. I think time will make this beer better. Once I have it fully carbed I will bottle at least 6 and keep them in the back of the fridge for a few more months.

I just tried a 75% BRS/Rice Syrup Solid beer, and I am not sure how it is going to turn out. I think right now it is still a bit green- brewed it on 3/5 and kegged it yesterday. The taste is a bit fruity but unlike the sorghum taste- this is more pineapple... I used Strisselspalt as my hops, and alittle bit of light toasted buckwheat and millet steeped before the boil. I think time will make this beer better. Once I have it fully carbed I will bottle at least 6 and keep them in the back of the fridge for a few more months.

My 85% BRS blonde tasted somewhat like pineapple too...I am wondering what the deal with that is...

My 85% BRS blonde tasted somewhat like pineapple too...I am wondering what the deal with that is...

Kinda crazy huh? At least we know how to get the pineapple taste in the beer!!

I think 50/50 mix would be good. However, I think malting buckwheat and millet would be a better idea to mix it with Sorghum.

Kinda crazy huh? At least we know how to get the pineapple taste in the beer!!

I think 50/50 mix would be good. However, I think malting buckwheat and millet would be a better idea to mix it with Sorghum.

I am going to try a 100% BRS beer with almost nothing else in it to determine what this stuff really tastes like. I am even going to lager it so that nothing can change the flavor. I will let you know what I find.

I just brewed this one last night only I used 5 lbs of sorghum 1 lb 5 oz of brown rice syrup and 1 lb of rice syrup solids.

I think I will rack over to a secondary in 1.5 weeks and then let it sit in the secondary for about 4-5 weeks then keg and carb for a week. So it looks like I am 6 weeks out from trying this one. Might need to brew another one when I rack this one into the secondary.

I am going to try a 100% BRS beer with almost nothing else in it to determine what this stuff really tastes like. I am even going to lager it so that nothing can change the flavor. I will let you know what I find.

Nice... good luck! Are you using any hops? and maybe like a pilsner yeast?

This was a good beer, went down very easily. Looked very much like Pinapple juice.

Will be rebrewing this with jaggery replacing some or most of the white sugar and maybe some safron. Although I will wait till I can set it aside for a while to age.

I am letting mine age in the secondary and larger in the fridge for about another month. I find that with time the sorghum goes away. Originally brewed on 3/20/11.

Back