My Ignite Presentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last month, I had the opportunity to be an Ingite Phoenix 8 presenter at the Scottsdale Center for the Arts in front of a crowd of 850 people.

This was the first time that beer was presented as a topic. I chose, "Let's put Beer on the Dinner Table".

Did you know that beer is more versatile than wine when paired with food?
Sadly, in our culinary age of slow food and use of fresh local ingredients, local craft beer is often an afterthought. I'll help you pair beers with your favorite meal -- making better choices than some top Phoenix restaurants. Let's put beer on the menu and on the dinner table.
The format of Ignite, if you are not familiar, is a 5 minute 20 slide presentation. Each slide advances automatically every 15 seconds. I had to turn slides in a week early which didn't allow me as much editing time as I would have like. Additionally I thought I had 20 seconds per slide (which is the Pecha Kucha format), so there as a ton of editing down.

Anyways... I hope you enjoy it. I'd like to get the post count up on this if only so that they have a beer topic for the next one in February which will help us kick off the first ever Arizona Beer Week.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it. Now I am really convinced. After seeing that presentation the only proper response action is to switch over to wine.

Great job jeep grill. That had to be frustrating to condense every slide into roughly 20 sec instead of 10 here and 30 there, but like I said I think you did a great job. The audience seemed to like it as well!

Great job jeep grill. That had to be frustrating to condense every slide into roughly 20 sec instead of 10 here and 30 there, but like I said I think you did a great job. The audience seemed to like it as well!

I thought it was 20seconds originally, but it was 15.

At one point I had a slide in which I discussed 10,000 years of brewing ala REM's "The End of the World as we know it", but that extra 5 seconds loss led to much marble mouth, so I had to scrap it.

Awesome! I heard an ignite story on NPR and thought it'd be cool to find a seccion locally.

Now I don't have to. ;)

Nice, i've been to a few of the Ignite's in Boulder and TEDx as well. Highly suggest checking it out if anyone is near one.

Back