Are Mexican Coke bottles strong enough for yeast soda making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
I've got some glass Coke (bottled in Mexico) bottles. Are these strong enough for natural fermentation of soda.

How about other company glass bottles?

Also, can you use twist off bottles with normal caps or do these not seal correctly?

I would say, almost definitely. But be aware that not all mexican coke bottles are the same. I actually managed to get ahold of some bottles of pepsi from my local mexican supply store - they're in these really cool swirly bottles that look like those off of back to the future 2 in the diner kinda. They weigh freakin.. like a pound each lol. They work excellent! :) Compare yours to a corona bottle or something of similar size and see how much heavier it is, that's what I did and decided to go with my pepsi bottles. Although I did enjoy drinking the mexican coca cola more than the pepsi ;)

I use them for beer all the time and they work great...I think it would be about the same for carbonated soda.

Yup. I get a kick out of bottling beer with non conventional bottles like old 7-up and pepsi and Mexican. They take it like champs

Back