What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my diptubes from Stainless brewing today.
The last pieces to my new rig! Should be firing up (read: plugging in) the new brewery this weekend! I haven't brewed in so long I am trying very hard not to take tomorrow off work. LOL

-Cool-brewing bag
-Ink-bird 308
-hops and yeast for Punkin' Ale
-stir plate a la jrowland74

Currently in the mail:
-refractometer
-carboy cleaner drill attachment

Craigslist and LHBS recent purchases:
-GE 7 cu. ft. chest freezer
-2L erlenmeyer flask with stir bar

Donation from brew-buddy:
-corona mill
-5 gal MLT (cooler)

my darling wife is getting concerned :D

no, seriously, she's about to drop the guillotine on my new obsession. she said I need to start selling other stuff to make up for the $$ i've spent.

anyone else in this boat?

-CH

Congrats on all the new gear. But not def not on the same boat swmbo just approved my purchase of a hydra wort chiller and a oxygen kit 2.0 from norther brewer :)

Congrats on all the new gear. But not def not on the same boat swmbo just approved my purchase of a hydra wort chiller and a oxygen kit 2.0 from norther brewer

:rockin:

I think she was just having a bad day when I showed her a 16 gallon brew pot in her Amazon cart... I have IMPECCABLE timing.

congrats on the new kit as well.

A blackberry plant, hey you asked! Expecting a barb and some high temp hose in a day or two still getting my equipment together

a sack of pilsner, a sack of 2 row, a sack of wheat, and ~2lbs hops. I emptied my previous bags and was starting to bug out cause I couldnt weigh out new grain bills. I keep like 8 batches ready in sealed containers but I still cant help that feeling...

gonna make my buddy work for his beer tonight and lug those up the steps...

a sack of pilsner, a sack of 2 row, a sack of wheat, and ~2lbs hops. I emptied my previous bags and was starting to bug out cause I couldnt weigh out new grain bills. I keep like 8 batches ready in sealed containers but I still cant help that feeling...

gonna make my buddy work for his beer tonight and lug those up the steps...

You pre-pack grain bills and then just pop 'em out and mill on brewday? Interesting. Too much work for me though!

yeah, I brew after work a lot so I try to shorten the brew day as much as possible.

-Cool-brewing bag

-Ink-bird 308

Currently in the mail:

-refractometer

-corona mill

-5 gal MLT (cooler)

no, seriously, she's about to drop the guillotine on my new obsession. she said I need to start selling other stuff to make up for the $$ i've spent.

-CH

I have more stuff than that, and mine doesn't like me drinking beer more than once a week.

-Cool-brewing bag
-Ink-bird 308

Currently in the mail:
-refractometer

-corona mill
-5 gal MLT (cooler)

-CH

Just wait until you go down the trading rabbit hole...

Beersmith2, silicone tubing, yooper's 60 min clone kit, a ss ball valve to make my ice chest an hlt. My first all grain attempt will go down some time in the next 2 weeks.

Refractometer, 2L Erlenmeyer flask, temperature controller, a cheap Sunbeam heating pad, and something else... [goes and looks]

A lifetime supply of Avery string tags, so I don't have to remember what's in each carboy and growler, when it was brewed, etc.

The flask is huge. I'm not sure what I expected :)

And I stopped by the LHBS and bought a wine degassing wand. I've been telling myself for months that I was going to make one but never did.

:rockin:

I think she was just having a bad day when I showed her a 16 gallon brew pot in her Amazon cart... I have IMPECCABLE timing.

congrats on the new kit as well.

Ooh thats a bummer, But now that i think about it if she catches me browsing for more gear she will have some smart ass remark to make. ARE YOU EVER SATISFIED???

Ooh thats a bummer, But now that i think about it if she catches me browsing for more gear she will have some smart ass remark to make. ARE YOU EVER SATISFIED???

i got that exact question...

the answer, of course, is no. in the army we had a saying: never stop improving your foxhole. meaning, we don't just stop at some point because it works fine. i think mostly as humans we are always striving to improve our foxholes.

[ramble complete]

hops just came in!

So I was supposed to get hops....said it was delivered but there were no hops in or nar my mailbox....company said I have to contact USPS and hopefully resolve.it with them....wtf....I just want my hops....there goes Halloween brew day.....

Actually, it came in the back of my truck and not in the mail. But I've wanted one for so long, I couldn't stand not posting it... :ban:

KJ.jpg

i got that exact question...

the answer, of course, is no. in the army we had a saying: never stop improving your foxhole. meaning, we don't just stop at some point because it works fine. i think mostly as humans we are always striving to improve our foxholes.

[ramble complete]

Just don't forget that the foxhole is not the only hole in the house...

Some copper tubing some lactose and some more small goodies. Just got notification my cream ale and abbey ale white labs yeast shipped

Nothing, as my beermail got 'refused by receiver' even though no one was home. Now I have to drive an hour to go get my beer. Stupid ups driver

Edit: there was no signature required

New 2 micron o2 stone attached to a stainless rod and brewing continental pilsener book. Also some liquid chalk markers for marking up my chalkboard wraped beer kegerator.

I got some 29mm bottle caps and capping bell (for champagne and Belgian bottles), a packet of Windsor ale yeast (I've never tried that one), a carboy handle, some wheat and rye caramel malts, a pound of flaked barley, and 4 ounces of Aramis hops.

I don't have a capper that will accept the 29mm bell, but I think I can just chuck it in the drill press to use it.

Back