Warming back up after kegging to speed aging/conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noremorse1

Reaction score
I brewed a Cascade Pale a few weeks ago and it has now been sitting in the keg at 43 degrees under 10psi of pressure for 6 days. I just pulled a sample to see how it was coming and can taste "fresh cut pumpkin" upfront. This not being a pumpkin beer I know that this beer needs to age a bit longer to pull that out. Having had 100+ temps for a few days out here for the first time in recorded history, my beer was in the mid 70s for a few days of fermentation. Too bad I just put the Johnson controller on my fermentation fridge today!! Led to a higher than ideal fermentation conditions and some obvious acetaldehyde.

Ideally I would have left my beer in the carboy another week or so too pull these unwanted/green flavors out. As usual, my impatience has its consequences. My question is this. Would it be safe for me to raise the temp on this already cold/partially-carbonated beer to the low 60's for a week or two to accelerate the conditioning?

I've seen other people ask this before, but I have never done it myself. Pretty sure you will be fine. I see no real reason why this would be a bad thing.

Back