Who's Cooking Now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Just threw a flank steak on the grill with some corn and white squash. Baked potatoes in the oven.

just cleaned up the brewing gear -- tossed a handmade pizza into the oven.
Garlic and herb crust - pepperoni and smoked mozzarella.
Having a Pliny the Elder with the meal.

insert drool smiley here.

Homemade pizza here as well.

Just crushed tomatoes, sliced mozz, drizzled with some OO and oregano, then sprinkled with truffle salt.

that'll work :rockin:

Yeah, I know you do it for a living, but I have begun to realize the simplicity in things according to pizza.

EDIT: And now that the meal is over, I realize I completely forgot that I bought a fresh basil plant today - which is still just sitting on my balcony, leaves of deliciouness forgotten...oh well, they'll be there next time.

I have begun to realize the simplicity in things according to pizza.

believe me... so do I. The simpler a pizza is, the more one can appreciate the taste. Mega-combo pizzas are tasteless, but that is what most people seem to like.

I guess we'll just keep the homebrew and good pizza secret to ourselves then. :tank:

It was my partners birthday tonight so I made her a nice dinner.

We started with a olive-caper dressing on fresh butter lettuce. Followed by the main course of seared sea scallops and a seared prime New York strip served along side truffled mash potatoes and home made Parmigiano-Reggiano bread. I drank a Sierra Nevada APA she had her normal pepsi (I know I know). After that we split a 750ml bottle of Lindemans Framboise. A few hours later we had a chocolate panna cotta. We are about to roll into bed.

Superb eating tonight!

We did the homemade pizza today. Whole wheat crust, tons of veggies, and some Italian sausage... which was vegetarian.
In my defense, I didn't put the vegetarian sausage in the cart at the grocery store.
It was good, tho.
Tomorrow I'm making pasta sauce (loaded with veggies!), homemade rosemary bread, and some whole wheat spaghetti. It's gonna be great.

It was my partners birthday tonight so I made her a nice dinner.

We started with a olive-caper dressing on fresh butter lettuce. Followed by the main course of seared sea scallops and a seared prime New York strip served along side truffled mash potatoes and home made Parmigiano-Reggiano bread. I drank a Sierra Nevada APA she had her normal pepsi (I know I know). After that we split a 750ml bottle of Lindemans Framboise. A few hours later we had a chocolate panna cotta. We are about to roll into bed.

Superb eating tonight!

That sounds great! My daughter saw a recipe for chocolate panna cotta in a Giada DeLaurentis (GOD Giada's hot!) cookbook that she has been bugging me to make for two months.

That sounds great! My daughter saw a recipe for chocolate panna cotta in a Giada DeLaurentis (GOD Giada's hot!) cookbook that she has been bugging me to make for two months.

The panna cotta recipe I linked is incredibly easy. It takes about 10-15 minutes of actual work time and turns out delicious chocolaty and fluffy.

Back