How do you transfer wort from the kettle to the fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you transfer your wort from the kettle to the fermenter?

• Kettle w/ valve

• Siphoning

• Manually pouring

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I now auto siphon after IC and also use hop bag. Previously did partial boils and had no problem pouring into fermenter. Have used hop bag since after my first brew cause pellet hop gunk was PITA. Only thing missing with auto siphon is how to aerate better.

auto-siphon + gravity with 3 or 4' drop into primary bucket for aeration ??

-=Jason=-

Auto siphon into a filter bag. Or auto siphon into a pair of knee high panty hose...LOL unused boiled and sanitized of course! It works damn good.

I just make SWMBO buy them cuz I people don't believe me when I say they're to filter my beer. Don't judge me! LOL ;)

I just pour it in, and stop when I hit the volume I wanted or reach all the hops and break material at the bottom. It's really easy to avoid the majority of the trub.

I siphon through a counter flow chiller.
A copper scrubbing pad keeps the hops out.

BTW an autosiphon should not be used for hot wort (DAMHIKT),
use a copper or stainless racking cane.

I used to use an autosiphon to run the hot wort through my CFC. I only did it once though! ;)

Normally I use a siphon with a "T" on the end and start it by sucking. Pretty soon I'll have the spigot on my new keggle rigged up.

Back