Making cider in beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_rath

Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a way to put cider recipes into beer smith. I have searched there support site and forum but have not found anything. (aside from people asking how its done with no good response.) I don’t mind doing low tech in my log book but I would like to know how things will change it before hand.

I would also like to know, Ive been trying to work with beersmith for a few weeks, and havent found a good way to enter apple juice concentrate as an ingredient.

i created a new grain/malt call apple juice and set the dry yield fine grain to 100%. I enter the number of gallons where beersmith has pounds and the OG comes really close.

BeerSmith does have Common Cider and Apfelwein categories to use when creating recipes.

I created an ingredient view for each cider or juice that I've used. Just take an SG reading of the unfermented juice and enter it in the appropriate field. I can't remember the details as I don't have BeerSmith in front of me at work, but it only took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Once you have the data for your juice or cider saved, just enter it into your recipe as usual.

Back