Celebration Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the version I brewed for mine...

SN Celebration Ale
12 lbs. American 2-row
.75 lbs. American Caramel 80°L
.25 lbs. Dextrine Malt
1 oz. Chinook 60 min.
.5 oz. Chinook 30 min.
1 oz. Cascade 5 min.
.5 oz. Centennial dry hop.
.5 oz. Cascade dry hop.
.5 oz. Chinook dry hop.
White Labs WLP001 California Ale

When is the cold and snow going to end? I want to ride!

"When is the cold and snow going to end? I want to ride!"

Tony, Thanks for the recipe and one of the great things about living in the south is no snow so get to ride almost every day as long as it's not raining...

You are welcome.

Mine is dry hopping as we speak, and will be ready soon.

As for sunny, warm Georgia..you luccky dog! Right now I have over a foot of snow on my doorstep and its not stopping. My King and the wifes Sporty are in the trailer (no garage) crying for dry pavement!

Have a long ride for me will ya!

mine is almost ready to keg - the tatse of the secondary is BIG this should be good

my adaption - I had to use up some LME and I love cascade!

SN Celebration Ale
6 lbs. gold liquid malt extract
2 lbs. American 2-row
1 lbs. American Caramel 65°L
1 lbs. Dextrine Malt/carapils
1 oz. Chinook 60 min.
.5 oz. Chinook 30 min.
1 oz. Cascade 10 min.
1 oz. Cascade 5 min.
1 oz. Cascade dry hop.
.5 oz. Chinook dry hop.
Wyeast 1056 chico

notes on taste to come

just opened a fresh keg on the above SNCA. awesome! has some nice hops floating in the first couple glasses. awesome! I'm not one to care about some hops left over it adds character. awesome! nice copper color and great taste and it isn't even fully aged/carbonated yet.

did I say awesome? good recipe and ya gotta love the "c" hops. I'm saying it is a little heavier on the hops than the original but that is why I brew!

My SNCA is finally carbonated and ready to drink. I drew a few tonight and YES, its definately a winner. Like jldesign's, mine is a little over the top on the hops profile, but thats just fine for me. It still has a great malt flavor, and great color. Looks like another recipe for the house!

Back