Coopers Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarwoodBrewer

Reaction score
I know...Can kits are like instant coffee....But I brewed a can for a fast, quick refresher course. It's been four years since I brewed beer. Should I follow thier instructions and bottle after 7 days or let it sit longer? Also, should I rack into a secondary or leave in primary? I know it's not going to be the best, but I want to make it as best as it can be. OG was 1.035

This is kind of what I'm doing with my first ever batch of beer (the Brewer's Best "Scottish Ale" kit, can't wait to bottle it, the taste in the fermenter is nice enough already). I mostly used the instructions as guidelines for the brewing process itself, but from there I've been taking the advice and knowledge and everything I've picked up from Palmer's "How to Brew" and Papazian's "Joy of Home Brewing" as well as advice here and from my friend who is a homebrewer and part-time brewmaster in St. Paul.

If I had to do this batch again (which I might!) I'd leave it in the primary for a couple weeks then bottle it directly and leave it in there for at least a week. I'll let the more experienced guys speak up from here, though, cause I think this is currently the equivalent of the "blind leading the blind." ;)

Back