I can finaly RDWHAHB!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FifteenTen

Reaction score
Its been six long weeks but as of today I'm finaly drinking beer I brewed myself. You guys were right (but you already knew that didn't you), drinking a beer you made yourself is 1000 times better than what you can buy. The best part, my second batch has been in primary for three weeks now. Next weekend, when I bottle it, I'll be able to drink my own or at least I hope these two cases of beer last me a week. How long did it take you guys to drink/gift your first batch?

we drank/gave ours away pretty quick. you might think about keeping one from your first batch. i have it on shelf above the keezer, a little memento from batch #1.

by the second batch of bottles we'd decided to build the keezer! the only thing better than opening up a bottle of home brew is pulling your own pint.

congrats - YOU MADE BEER!!!

Congrats on the first brew.

It is great drinking your own brew.

Now get a pipeline going. I would suggest picking up another fermenter or two so you can have brews fermenting all the time.

I'm on batch twenty something and they still don't last much more than a week. We have enough BBQs/Craw-fish boils/football games/whatever that my batches never survive long. I've got too many friends to keep my pipeline healthy.

That's not a bad thing either.

+1 on buying more carboys. I have an ale pale and a 5 gallon carboy and the next two purchases I'm going to make is gonna be a 6.5 gallon carboy and another 5 gallon carboy. I need a bigger pipeline!

Back