Apfelwein takes a bronze.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well it took two in fact.
I submitted my Apfelwein to the Great Lakes international cider and Perry competition this last weekend.
Put it in both the Common cider and applewine categories.
I have not seen the score sheets yet (they will be mailed with medals) but I do know they took a bronze in both. The Apfelwein was kegged 4 days before the comp so it was young.

Wow that's pretty cool. Interesting especially since it was so young. Was it aged at all before being kegged?

Congratulation! Now I wonder what bottle conditioned for a year could get you!

Wow that's pretty cool. Interesting especially since it was so young. Was it aged at all before being kegged?
It was in the fermenter on the yeast for 8 weeks then I kegged it and and did the shake the hell out of it way of carbing it (light carb) and then tapped it. Two days later I bottled it up and dropped it off. 6 days after that was the comp.
So from the time it was "brewed" to the comp 9 weeks.

Congrats!! Can you provide the details on the score sheet when you get them?

I sure will Ed, that's why I posted this. It would be neat to see others send theirs in and post the details.

Back