Homebrew Wednesday Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Premnasbiaculeatus

Reaction score
I'm surprised there's no thread where everyone posts their HBW videos every Wednesday. I just did my first HBW this morning;

Anyone else have a Homebrew Wednesday video of their own to post?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard for me to believe that nobody else is making these... Anyway here's my latest installment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you just make this up or does your club do videos for Wednesday's. I don't get it 'cause...I homebrew Alldays :)

More power to you if you have time to brew on Wednesdays and make a video of it.

My brewing videos are NSFW.

Just remember your weenus is NOT a hydrometer, and neither is it a thermometer...ESPECIALLY not a thermometer. We tried to warn Laughing Gnome about this, but he ignored the warnings.....you notice he's not around much any more? He's also not laughing much either. ;)

I always love threads like this....the "I can't believe that x isn't happening, or you aren't using y" and it almost always turns out that whatever esoteric tid-bit that someone is all excited about, is something that the majority of brewers have never heard of.....It's really funny when the poster gets all pizzy or indignant about it.

It's a global youtube phenomenon. I usually start watching the HBW videos from Australia Tuesday night, and then continue to watch them as they roll in until thursday night. It's been my weekly thing for a while, but I just started doing my own about a week ago. As of now I'd say the vast majority of homebrewers with youtube channels are doing them (including craigtube). They're basically just short update videos that people shoot every Wednesday to keep the homebrew community more connected. Take a look;

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rew+wednesday&search_sort=video_date_uploaded

Here's another thread from here that dantheman13 posted that explains the phenomenon a little better;

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/homebrew-wednesday-286213/

Never heard of it, I don't brew on Wednesdays, I don't film my brew days, and I don't have a Youtube channel. Doesn't seem like it's for me. I think this forum (as well as others) does a pretty good job of keeping the homebrew community connected, but to each their own.

WTF? A guy brings up a subject that some of you are not familar with and he gets his A$$ handed to him. What is this gradeshool? Home Brew Wendsdays have been around for a while. How do you not know about this?

Noone's handing him his ass. He just, especially after week two with no responses seemed so emphatic about this thing that few if any on here have heard of. We're just busting his chops a bit.

Ya I know Revvy. Guess a moment of anger flared up for me. Not sure why. It's all good.

It's hard to type emotions. My intention was not to be overly emphatic, more just expressing mild confusion, wondering if anyone actually saw the original post.

The point of the videos is just to film a general update a couple minutes long about what's going on in your life brew related. I just thought it would be nice if there were one long thread on here where all the youtube guys and girls post an embed of their latest HBW video. I know they're on here , somewhere...

I watch Craig's video's, including his homebrew Wednesday ones (yes, I've heard of it), sometimes even commenting, but I don't really have much time to keep up with most of the YouTube brewing community. Heck, I rarely get to post on here anymore.

Homebrew Wednesdays is basically just different homebrewers doing weekly video blogs and posting them on... wait for it... Wednesdays... get it? Been happening for a while now. Has nothing to do with brewing on wednesday, or requiring you to "spend the week on YouTube".

Seriously, you guys need to chill out.

Homebrew Wednesdays is basically just different homebrewers doing weekly video blogs and posting them on... wait for it... Wednesdays... get it? Been happening for a while now. Has nothing to do with brewing on wednesday, or requiring you to "spend the week on YouTube".

So you're telling me I just brewed this Root Beer for nothing?

There I was, trying to support the Homebrew Wednesday Community by brewing on Wednesday and apparently, it was all for naught. :mad:

All natural ingredients for Homebrew Wednesday Root Beer:

71954d1345037346-root-beer-2-abv-rootbeer1b.jpg

Brewed on Wednesday to help raise awareness of Homebrew Wednesday even though it has nothing to do with brewing on Wednesday. :confused:

WTF? A guy brings up a subject that some of you are not familar with and he gets his A$$ handed to him. What is this gradeshool? Home Brew Wendsdays have been around for a while. How do you not know about this?

Sorry, I don't record my brewing or track the activities of homebrewers who share videos of their weekly activities. I don't require that much attention.

I'm pretty sure the perceived incredulousness/snarkyness is simply a mocking reflection of the second post in the thread.

I make brewing videos. In fact, I've been doing it since 2007 but I never caught on the HBW thing because I don't like the idea of a schedule because it would make it a lot less fun and organic.

I make brewing videos. In fact, I've been doing it since 2007 but I never caught on the HBW thing because I don't like the idea of a schedule because it would make it a lot less fun and organic.

I've never made a brewing video, and only have webcasted a brewday once or twice, but I do watch a few brewing videos.

I normally watch informational type videos, though, like decoction mashing or things that I want to "see" and never blog-type videos. Of course, I never read any blogs either. I think it is an age thing- I don't really get into blogging or watching youtube except if I"m looking for specific information.

I think it's really cool that people do, though!

Homebrew Wednesday Root Beer is brewed, mini fermented and will be cold crashing overnight. That's six hours worth of krausen you are looking at there. 1tsp of S-05.

WedRb1.jpg

WedRb2.jpg

ReverseApacheMaster said:
Is the youtube homebrewing community like the reddit homebrewing community but with ****ty video instead of ****ty writing?

I've actually found the opposite to be true. I can actually read posts on reddit without banging my head against the wall. Quite often, on HBT, I have to skip posts because the punctuation and grammar is beyond horrible.

Seriously. Keep on topic or don't post. This is a "general beer discussion"- it's not a place for random smart remarks and off topic chatter.

The topic is "homebrew Wednesday thread". If you want to chatter, go into the "general chit chat" forum. This is ridiculous.

"Two six packs, and a big bag of ice!"

**** gets stuck in my head for days every time I watch one. :ban:

Back