Brewing Classic Styles "Belgian Pale Ale" Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muneio

Reaction score
Ok so I'm getting ready to brew the Belgian Pale Ale recipe out of Jamil's book "Brewing Classic Styles". Just for fun I input the recipe into Beersmith as well as Beer Tools and they both show that the OG is higher than this style typically has and higher then the recipe itself says, if I reduce the LME by 1lb it pretty much comes in to line with the specs. So what would you do follow the original recipe or go with the Beer Tools or Beersmith recommendations?

Here's the original recipe:
OG: 1.052 (Beersmith 1.065 / Beer Tools 1.061)
FG: 1.012
Alcohol: 5.3%

Pilsner LME (2.3L): 8.3lbs
CaraMunich (60L): .75lbs
Bisquit (25L): .25lbs

Kent Goldings 5% AA, 60min: 1.3oz
Kent Goldings 5% AA, 0min: .3oz

White Labs WLP515 Antwerp Ale

The recipe is for a six gallon batch. Should get about 50 points from the extract, no way are you getting 15 from the specialty grains. I assume you put 5 gallons as the batch size in the software.

The recipe is for a six gallon batch. Should get about 50 points from the extract, no way are you getting 15 from the specialty grains. I assume you put 5 gallons as the batch size in the software.

Thank You!
Your right the recipe is for 6 gallons not 5. Now all is good in the world. :mug:

Back