Beer of the Week:?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is weird. My HT is Fuquay hasn't been carrying these, but that's not too unexpected. Whole Foods is only a slight detour for me, so I'll probably grab mine there along with some other interesting something or another I haven't tried. And maybe some breakfast sausage for mañana.

Baron von BeeGee said:
That is weird. My HT is Fuquay hasn't been carrying these, but that's not too unexpected.

They suddenly showed up at my local HT about a week ago. The cold-booze aisle, from left to right is:

Mega Swill in all possible packaging
Quality Beer in 6 or 12 packs
Expensive Beer in individual bottles, large and small, and 4-packs
White Wine

-walker

I imagine what they carries varies significantly from N. Raleigh to the boonies. They just built a brand new store a few miles up the road from an existing one, and the new one has a much broader selection of 'fancy' type stuff (meat, beer, cheese, etc).

I'm a sucker for WF, though, overpriced as it may be.

I got mine at lunchtime, will chill it when I get home and should pop it open right around the time I finish my mash tonight (Friday)!:) :mug:

Chimay also makes their own cheese. I bet that would be a great pairing with their ales, and I'd love to try it. But I have yet to find any of their cheeses here in the States. Hey, that reminds me of that old hymnal, Oh, What A Friend We Have In Cheeses!

My Chimay just called on the phone to ask when I was coming home. I guess I shouldn't keep her waiting.

see ya later!

-walker

i got mine at a liquor/beer store that has an aisle of imported beer, but it's all warm... good news, no dust on the bottle, looks like it was bottled in july of '05... 9.99 for the big one...

i'm two pints into my munich pale ale, so i'll crack mine tomorow ;)

Well, I tried my first Chimay Red and I have to say; WTF. Though it was talked up and I knew it probably wouldn't live up to expectations. I really had to choke down this beer. It was all hops and nothings else but not like a good bittering just the flavor. This really turned me off.

Back