Swmbo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SWMBO has been used on this board for as long as i've been on it. It's not that big of a deal people. It's a joke. Laugh a little.

I would like it much better if it was SWMBA, she who must be annoyed, because that's what my wife is everytime she walks into the house on brewday. caked boil over on the stove, a sink full of brewing related stuff, and me shaking a carboy like it owes me money-yeah she's annoyed!!!

Next month my wife and I will celebrate our 23rd anniversary and she has been with me through thick and thin, including a stroke that ended my law career. She actually bought me a kit as a Christmas present a year ago to try and give me a hobby to occupy my time and help me take my mind off of constant nerve pain. She doesn't drink much, but fully supports my new addiction and loves the smell of both the mash and the boil (she actually misses the smell from doing my first two batches in the kitchen). This Christmas she bought me a Monster Mill and didn't flinch when I came home last weekend with two more corny kegs. She even suggested I think about getting a new BK because I had to re-solder a piece on my beat up old keggle the other day. (I think she had second thoughts when I showed her how much Blichman's cost.)

She hates beer. Let me rephrase that. Hates alcohol in general. However, she loves the smell when I brew. Loves the smell of my car after the ride home from the LHBS with freshly crushed grain (We really need to develope a crushed grain air freshener!!!!!). Listens to my beer ramblings, lets me brew whenever I want and doesn't complain. "Happy to see you passionate about something". She has never tasted one of my beers, but just says "I'll trust you" when I say, "this one turned out really good". Always suppotive of my hobby. I think I'll keep her!

she's tried a couple times. i'm usually very laid back and easy-going. i say ok to most things she says because mostly i don't care about piddly things. when she demanded i stop brewing, i looked at her with a straight face, and said no, in a very calm voice. she hasn't tried to make me stop since then, and never complains anymore when i brew now, maybe just asking when i'll be finished. maybe there was some weird look in my eyes...

As you deftly caressed the starter handle of your chainsaw:D:fro:

I don't know about that; my wife laughed for a full minute when I explained the acronym.

1085223_5c0b_625x1000.jpg

My wife has always supported me brewing, she is the reason I have a twin tap tower- "If it only costs another 50 bucks for a twin tap, you should just get it".

I don't fuss about the stockpile of shoes and the zappos boxes that show up at the house, and she doesn't fuss about the boxes from Austin supply, kegworks, Northernbrewer, Midwest,...............

My wife knew I was a homebrewer when she married me, and actually came up with an amazing IPA/Stilton blue cheese pairing while we dated. She loves the smell of brew day, and has bought/championed almost all my brewing purchases from brew kettles to the parts for my kegerator. :rockin:

She's eager for me to start lagering (loves Landshark Lager and Sam Adams as well as Oktoberfests), so another two cornies, small fridge and temp controller toward a lagerator are in my near future.

-Rich

My fiance is really supportive. Last Christmas she got me started by pointing out a 1 gallon, BIAB kit on a website she orders from. The idea had never occurred to me, so I started doing research. I quickly discovered my local store, and that they had starter kits for 5 gallons for about $35 more, so I convinced her to get me that instead. She has since referred to that as "the best and worst Christmas gift".

She doesnt really like the smell of brewday, and sometimes it can make her get a bad migrane, so I try to plan around when she is working. She doesnt mind having carboys everywhere, but she did mind bottles. She REALLY minded the near bottle bombs we had, which got me the kegerator. She is a big promoter of my brewing, and loves getting people to try it. She doesnt mind the money spent because I dont have many hobbies, and as long as the bills are paid and money goes into the savings account, the rest is mine to spend (ha!). In turn I put up with her expensive book and video game collecting hobbies, which are honestly two of the coolest hobbies a woman can have, but dont tell her I said that or I will have to start funding them.

A young couple, after just getting married and having returned home from a beautiful honeymoon, began to settle into their new life. One day as the husband was brewing a batch of beer, his new bride approached him and said,"Sweetheart, now that we are married and have each other, we need to worry about more important things in life, so I think you should sell your boat, your guns, your motorcycle....and most of all you need to stop with this beer stuff and this way we can spend more time together." The husband hesitated for a second and said, "Wow, you sound just like my ex-wife." She gasped in complete surprise, "You never told me you were married before!!!" He calmly replied, "I wasn't".

Back