Strawberry Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnrfn

Reaction score
I am interested in brewing a Strawberry Blonde. Question is, When should I add the fruit? I am thinking of adding them at the second fermentation and Lagaring it so there will be no chance of the fruit getting moldy. (I have had that happen before). I am still searching for a recipe. I am set up for either all or partial grain brewing.
Thanks in advance :D

I'm in the works of fermenting one now. I used the centennial blonde recipe that is in the recipe link by biermuncher. It seems like most people add the fruit during secondary. I plan on using another plastic bucket to simplify the addition and removal of the berries. I'm using around 1-1.5 lbs./gallon of strawbs.

Marnrfn said:
I am interested in brewing a Strawberry Blonde. Question is, When should I add the fruit? I am thinking of adding them at the second fermentation and Lagaring it so there will be no chance of the fruit getting moldy. (I have had that happen before). I am still searching for a recipe. I am set up for either all or partial grain brewing.
Thanks in advance :D

I am also interested in a Strawberry Blonde recipe... Any good ones out there? How long should you leave the berries in?

look up the succulent strawberry thread. Im in the process of using this recipe and there is 11 pages worth of good info there

I did a 5g batch and used 6lbs worth of strawberries. I left the blond ale in primary for about 4 weeks, cut my strawberries into quarters and froze them.

Freezing my strawberries then thawing them out REALLY released there juice. I poured it into my empty fermenter, racked my beer on top and let it sit for about 6 days. I have a slight hint of strawberry which was exactly what I was looking for. May want to use more or even puree them if you want a more pronounced flavor. The only problem with puree is the pulp and seeds in your beer.

I don't often keep my recipes but for this particular recipe it called for 6lbs Pale LME, I used 7lbs to increase ABV. It's still conditioning in bottles right now, and I haven't tasted a cold one yet, but what I have been sampling along the way is really crisp and really easy to drink. I removed the strawberries and let it sit for about 24 hours before swirling the beer gently and bottling.

Latest posts

Back