kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosepit

Reaction score
hi,
I'm looking for a compact fridge that will hold a 1/2 bbl or 3 or 4 cornies, I cant seem to find a model locally that will work and I dont really want to spend $600 for a kegerator. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
thanks
Scott

No compact fridge is that large. I fit 4 cornies in my kegger, but it is based on an apartment-sized fridge (10 cuft), not a compact.

the only models that come to mind are the danby commercial kegerators made around a half barrel. i've seen some on craigslist, but they do tend to be a bit pricey, even used.

I built mine out of a chest freezer that I picked up at Sams club for $130. I can fit 4 cornys in it and I control temp with an external thermostat. I built a wooden collar between the lid and the freezer and the taps come out of it. Right now I have three taps on it with room for one more. Altogether I think I have about $250 wrapped up in it. It was easy to build in a weekend.

See my old post. This is a small apartment fridge, I used to have it in the corner of my living room, and now it's tucked away in the kitchen. Small, has a freezer, and gets the job done right

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4982

I can hold 4 cornies, if you keep the co2 outside, and remove the inner door rack hardware. But I like being able to keep some of my brewing equipment on the shelves, and a half rack of PBR's for the non homebrew drinking wussies that come over to my pad once and a while.

Back